Thursday, 7 August 2008

Wax on, wax off

Who amongst you didn't think I was going to use that for my post title today?

I survived the bikini waxing. Actually, it wasn't half bad. I mean, it's not like I want to do that every day, but the pain was fleeting (I barely even flinched. Go me!) and the results were well worth it. I'll definitely do it again in future.

In the comments of the last post, POM suggested I go the laser route. Is it sad that the first thing that popped into my mind when I read that was 'I actually have frickin' sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their frickin' heads?' Yeah, I'm mature.

The beauty salon I went to doesn't offer laser hair removal, so that wasn't an option. If I can find a place that does and the price isn't too overwhelming (though I have a feeling it will be) I may give it a try someday. Being the TMI machine that I am, I will of course inform you all of it as soon as it happens.

Moving on up!
With the help of one of my new flatmates and his wonderful car, I moved most of my stuff to my new place last night. There's only a little bit left to move today, but then I also have a Friday work deadline to meet before I jet off on Saturday (more on that tomorrow), so I'm super busy. God knows that doesn't often stop me from procrastinating and checking in with you all, but it may today. We'll see.

Because of the move, I had to bail on my run yesterday. I'm hoping I can still get one in today, though running 5 miles with a recent bikini waxing should be interesting, especially after what Lily said. Eh, guess there's a first time for everything.

Ci vediamo dopo. (See you later)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooooh.
Never. Even. Thought. About. The. Running.

(For me? SQUATS. None for a few days ;))

MizFit

MissAllycat said...

Laser is expensive but so, so worth it. I'd recommend it!

marie said...

LASERS WHERE?!

Ted said...

Picture Picture Picture? We, the bloggers, need evidence to see that you have gone through this torture. JK!

Hope you like your new place by now!

Marcy said...

I'm glad your lady parts are still intact ;-) I've heard that lasering is expensive, I'm not sure though.

Don't sweat mising hte run, it happens to all of us. Plus moving counts as cross training ;-)

Roisin said...

I've tried the waxing before, and have heard that a couple of advil and three or more shots help a lot too.

It's very exciting that you recognized my Croagh Patrick picture! I've climbed it twice and always get amazing pictures from the top!

chia said...

They quoted me $600-900 to laser my afro-bush here in the states. It would be $150/session or something like that and they figured that I would need at least 4-6 sessions.

If you run, body glide and/or vaseline the daylights out of the area and forgo any shorts with built in underpants... or "knickers" in general.

I don't know why, but I read that icing the area after stops a lot of the bumping effect that could come from the rubbing of running so try to hop in either a cold bath or cold compress it.

Good luck on the move. Moving sucks :-).

Jenn N Butter said...

You are braver than I am, my dear. Good luck on your run and your deadline.

Jenn

Viper said...

Glad it all went smoothly!

I can't believe I'm the first to say that ... also, Ted makes a good point.

Vanilla said...

Well, when I got my bikini wax done... wait... nevermind.

tfh said...

Ouch.

Just as long as it's worth it.

Hehehe.

Running Knitter said...

Glad to hear you made it through the bikini wax. Will you be posting pics of the new place?

Laura said...

You glossed over the pain so much that it just makes me think you're some non-pain-feeling superhuman. I'm still way too scared to get one!

Mark Salinas said...

Still going! Great !

the erratic epicurean said...

yowza! bless you for your bravery!

Kevin said...

What, no video like Steve in a Speedo

J/K

BeachRunner said...

LOL at Ted and Viper and your Austin P's quote.

Karen said...

LOL! "Frickn' sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their frickin' heads?"

I love that movie.