Monday, 8 September 2008

It's Monday already?

So, how was everybody’s Friday night? Was it kickin’? Mine was amazing! I did something I didn’t know my body was capable of. I enjoyed it immensely and all while in the comfort of my own bed.

Get your minds out of the gutter, pervs. I’m not talking about that. Like another rock star in Blogland, I went to bed super early but instead of waking up at the ungodly hour of 4:30 a.m. (seriously, Marcy, you deserve a medal for that) I proceeded to sleep well into the next day for a total of 14 hours. Can we say ‘jetlag’? My body doesn’t often let me sleep for more than ten hours, so this is a new record for me. Not an overly exciting record to have, but it’s pleasing to me and that’s all that matters.

Running? What running?
I’ve got sod all to talk about on the running front. Well, except for the fact that I haven’t been running. This morning was supposed to be a 6-miler, but I turned off the alarm and just kept on snoozing. Hopefully I can squeeze a run in later today or very early tomorrow morning before my flight.

When sexy photo shoots go wrong...
It’s been a while since I posted some yummy manly goodness for the viewing pleasure of my female readers. There’s a bit of a twist to today’s photo though.

They handle their balls well, don't they?

Here’s a pic of some naked English rugby players. Now, I love me some rugby, especially when the players are naked and not playing rugby, but this photo doesn’t quite achieve its intended sexiness. Here’s why:
  • There’s an albino in the photo.
  • The albino is farting on his compadres.
  • The tall guy, though attractive, looks like he’s taken one too many hits to the face. I’ll give him some slack on that however. He is after all a rugby player.
  • The second guy from the right is pouting which pretty much says he’s a total diva.
  • The guy on the far right looks like he’s pinching a loaf.
To sum up, naked men = hot. Weird facial expressions and lack of skin pigmentation = not hot.

All right, folks, I need to get back to work. Lots of laundry and packing left to do. Before I go though, I want to give a special shout-out to my friend Theresa. She ran her first 10k yesterday in Glasgow and did wonderfully. There were bagpipers along the race course too. How cool is that! Hopefully in the spring, Theresa, I’ll make my way up north and we’ll run another race together. Fingers crossed that it’s a little better organized and more scenic than our last one. :)

Have a great week, everyone. Next time I post, it’ll be from Rome! As you can see, I’ve already modified the masthead. That’s a photo of the Pantheon. Do you like it or should I choose a different monument?

You know, I still can’t believe my life sometimes. It’s just freaking insane.

Ciao tutti!

25 comments:

MizFit said...

I cant believe your life either---thank G-d it's insane or i'd have to select a different blogger from whom to live vicariously.

see you in rome.

Lily on the Road said...

That's one funny pic!

Oh, I'd love to run in Scotland, I'm thinking Edinburgh Marathon, I love men in kilts! Really!!! nothing sexier than that....okay I can say that, my mom was from Scotland!

Can hardly wait for the Rome edition....too cool!

marie said...

Can't we just look at the pretty people without dissecting them? :(

he he he - loved it though!

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO! I say bag all their heads and it's all good!

What's up with everyone going to bed early this weekend? You, Lily, and I all went to bed at 7:30 LOL

I like the Header. It's a good shot :-) I say keep it!

tfh said...

I think the tall guy didn't get the memo that you look more studly if you hold the ball vertically.

Happy travels. Your life is insane and wonderful. How did the packing go?

Merry said...

Speaking on behalf of the PPTM, I would like to protest. Unfortunately, your comments were too accurate to be disputed.


(People Paler Than Milk)

RazZDoodle said...

THAT wasn't awkward reading that when my department head walked by.

chia said...

Wow. You're too good to us females in blogland ;-).

Safe travels oh cool one!

Roisin said...

I love rugby too...I'm a St. Helens Saints fan myself.

But yeah...what's up with the guy on the end?

Running Knitter said...

Travel safe. Can't wait to hear all about Rome. :)

Jenn N Butter said...

I love the pic, it's moody! Good luck in Roma, take lots of pics to share with all of your adoring fans. Remember that some of us are dreaming of the life your living and pictures help to mold dreams.

Saturday night I was so exhausted that I went to bed at like 8:30 and didn't get up till almost 10 the next morning. Whit said that I was so out of it that I didn't even turn off the light or pull up the covers and he even had to shove me over when he came to bed. I still didn't wake up! LOL! I guess we all needed some heavy sleep this weekend.

Looking forward to hearing form Rome.
Jenn

Meg said...

Oh nice picture, I think their faces are way too meat-head for me though!

Viper said...

Teammates? Or bunk mates? I guess there is a twist to this photo.

Have fun in Rome.

Nitmos said...

I'm with you, I live one crazy life too. Just this morning I noticed a new store going up in the strip mall on the way to work. Can't wait to drive by on the way home and see what it is...But, have fun in Rome and all.

BeachRunner said...

Love the masthead. It's a keeper. The rugby guys creep me out. I think your commentary on them is spot-on and freaking hilarious.

P.O.M. said...

Oh my gosh. Too much "man hair down there" on the 3rd guy too. ick. But I do like the muscles.

Ted said...

WTF? 14 hours of sleep. Holy mackerel. The last time I had 14 hours of sleep was when I was in high school. Oh man, I miss those days of sleeping in.

Marci said...

LOL. I am with Marcy, bag the heads. Thanks for making me laugh!

Non-Runner Nancy said...

Oddly, those naked guys didn't do much for me either. :D

Me love Roma.

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

Yeah, that picture is just kinda wrong...

Jess said...

Yea that picture is just not working for me haha!

Hope you enjoyed your awesome amounts of sleep!

Shanna said...

They have faces??? Oh yeah....sorry I was distracted (not to mention blinded by the first guy!) LOL

Theresa said...

Thanks for the shout out!

And yeah, you definitely need to make it up here for a race! It's not the spring, but there's the Great Winter Run on Jan 10. Around Arthur's Seat. After running on hills in Rome, it should be a piece of cake for you. :+)

Steve Stenzel said...

14 hours?!? Sweet.

And that's too many balls for me to handle...

The Laminator said...

Wow, 14 hours? That's some crazy sleep. Sometimes I like to wonder if i force myself how long I could actually sleep for? Add this to stupid questions you ask yourself on long runs.

Have fun in Rome!