Wednesday, 24 September 2008

Nada

Running? What's that again?

Granted it's only been two days, but I've put off running temporarily because of my left knee. Turns out running on basalt paving isn't good for my joints. Who knew? The tricky thing is that even when I think I'm running on asphalt, there's a high probability I'm running on asphalt covered basalt paving and that shit has absolutely no give. My hips and both my knees have twinged a bit over the last week or so, but my left knee is definitely the most disgruntled. I've iced and elevated it when possible, but that hasn't been often enough as I've been walking around the city a lot lately because of the conference and meeting people for dinners out. Everything is fine while walking, it's just when I walk up or down stairs that I end up looking like an octogenarian with a severe case of arthritis.

Thems be the breaks, I guess.

With that, I'll leave you with a bulleted (of course) list of random stuff I've seen/experienced over the past couple days:
  • People having sex in a car parked along the river.
  • Being hit on by a very drunk Italian man while trying to check my email at an internet cafe. He then proceeded to follow me for a bit after I left the cafe, but I eventually lost him. I clutched the Keys of Death in my hand the entire time just in case.
  • A dessert calzone filled with Nutella goodness. (yum!)
  • Wine that I thought didn't taste like complete ass.
  • Some damn fine pizza.
I had the one in the front with eggplant, mushrooms and sausage and my friend is holding up her gorgonzola pizza in the back.

Ciao tutti!

19 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

hahahah, and you say you've got nothing to write about??? LOL...far more exciting than sitting in an office all day!!

sex in a car, those cars are pretty small over there!!!

Your food looks yummy!!

Count of Monte Christo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Count of Monte Christo said...

Those are some d.mn fine pizzas on the picture...
Of course, being in Rome would give you access to all the goodness in life...
BTW. a Nutella calzone... Sweet!

Sorry to hear about the drunk.

Very sorry to hear about the injury! Nothing more frustrating than not being able to run due to physical discomfort.

Danielle in Iowa said...

Nutella calzone? Why hasn't this spread worldwide!?

Marcy said...

A calzone with Nutella. Ohhh heaven!

Oh my gawd I saw some people doing their bidness in a car once while on a run. I wish I had my camera ROFLMAO That would've made an excellent trash post.

tfh said...

Ah, we knew the keys would come in handy...

Damn basalt. I'm not sure what that is, even, but it sounds nasty. Hope the legs improve. I guess there probably aren't many dirt roads in Rome?

Jamie said...

Those pizzas look delicious!

Hope your knee heals quickly.

BeachRunner said...

Holy S! Those pizzas are a thing of beauty.

Jenn said...

Glad to hear that you lost drunken italian perv. I would hate for you to have to use those keys on someone.

Nutella is my mans fav treat. He like it on everything.

I was walking through the parking lot at work one night and saw a group of 4 having sex in the back seat of a little nissan. I could not understand how they where getting anything done in such a small car. I was very tempted to go over and ask but felt that it might not be the right time. LOL!

Jenn

Running Knitter said...

Hope the knees feel better soon. That pizza looks so yummy!

Roisin said...

Those pizzas make the clam chowder from a can that I'm eating for lunch, look extremely inadequate.

Italian men are so special. So very special indeed.

Meg said...

Oh goodness I miss that pizza! Did you really say nutella calzone? I may be dreaming about that tonight!

Nitmos said...

Soooo what turned you off? The drunkness...or the stalking?

Viper said...

that pizza looks killer! toughen up those knees and get back out there!

Ted said...

I am drooling all over my keyboard just by looking at the picture of the pizza. By the way, any chance of you going back and take a picture of people having sex in the car by the river? That would make a great post !

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

mmmmmmm pizza

Marci said...

That pizza looks soooo yummy. Real Italian pizza is so yummy.

Laura said...

So, was people having sex in a car by the river under the category of things you SAW, or things you EXPERIENCED?

Just checking :)

Paint-Me-Dioxazine said...

oooooooooooh, nutella <3