Friday, 26 September 2008

Tower of Babel

The knees felt all right early Thursday morning so I went out for a short 4 miles. Everything went fine. No pain and there was a lot less traffic about since I headed out at 6:30 am when the sun was rising. Everything was quite serene in fact. Maybe I should wake my lazy butt up earlier for my runs. Eh, we'll see.

Speaking of running, my schedule is getting thrown off a bit right now. The conference has pretty much fried my brain for the week (trying to listen to papers given in five different languages is not good for the mind), but I still have to visit two sites tomorrow and then I have a last minute trip back to England on Sunday for three days to tie up loose ends. Depending on how things go, I may have some news to impart to you all next week. Or not. I have no idea anymore.

Before I sign off, I want to wish Viper and Laura good luck as they're running the Akron marathon tomorrow. Also, I want to throw my support behind all those who are still suffering from taper madness. Although I haven't experienced it myself, I understand craziness fairly well so I hope some sanity and serenity find their way into your lives very soon.

Take care all.

12 comments:

Marcy said...

Yeah it's more peaceful but then when you hear one tiny sound you become convinced that it is a serial killer lurking behind the bushes. Well, at least that's what I always think LOL

american girl said...

yay archaeology!!

tfh said...

Glad the knees are feeling good.

Good luck with the crazy schedule. I'm happy when your schedule is crazy because it helps me remember not to be TOO nostalgic for the world of academia.

tfh said...

Er, just reread what I wrote and realized I'm a total witch.

I hope things become less crazy for you and I am going to work on being Less Selfish. I am NOT happy when your brain is being fried. I am properly sympathetic.

chia said...

Ya, tfh... call off those flying monkeys and all ;-).

I love morning time too. Safe travels and many hopes the schedule tames out soon!!!

Viv said...

Glad the knee is feeling better. I was all catching up on u but got delayed with hot priests and guys with balls in helmets. LMAO! Have a great weekend!

Meg said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better! Do you get to wear cool headphones at your conference to listen in English? I had a conference in Padova and had to wear those.

Ted said...

I am glad your knee is feeling better. Wow - you sure get around. Your aspiration in archeology has been real fascinating to me. I look forward to your future post.

Jenn said...

Good to hear that the knee is better.

I left something for you at my blog. Please come on over and retrieve it.

Jenn

Merry said...

I originally misread "taper madness" as Tapir madness. I was puzzled by visions of people being driven mad by large browsing mammals, roughly pig-like in shape, with short, prehensile snouts, who inhabit jungle and forest regions of South America, Central America, and Southeast Asia. (Love that Wikipedia.)

I will cross my fingers that the upcoming (potential) news is good news :)

Frayed Laces said...

ugh....conferences...

The Laminator said...

Who has time to run when you've got....conference? It's understandable.

Hang in there, Xenia!