Friday, 3 October 2008

Breaking News

Last week before I jetted off to England, I mentioned I might come back with some news. Well, I have. Instead of explaining it, I’ll just let you read it for yourselves.

Thank you. This confirms that your registration and your payment was successful. You are now registered for the Firenze Marathon.

Barring injury (*knock on wood*), I will be lining up on November 30 to run my first marathon ever in Florence, Italy. That’s the same day I turn the big 3-0.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

To echo the words of another running blogger, all I can say is: Good lord, what have I done?!

This is probably the worst time EVER for me to be training for a marathon what with my busy schedule and all, but what the hell. No time would be ideal for me except when I’m retired and then I’m sure my bones would be so brittle they’d snap like twigs from the slightest movement.

So since I’m now terrified beyond belief by what I’ve just done, I’m going to heap vituperation upon your heads. After all, it’s your fault that I’m in this mess.

You people are awful influences. (Quite the contrary actually.)
I hate you. (No I don’t.)
I never want to see you again. (Please don’t leave me!)

Have a great weekend, everyone.

*sob*

26 comments:

Theresa said...

Wow, Xenia! You can do it!!

Lily on the Road said...

WOOO HOOO!

Marcy said...

BRING IT ON BABY!!! ;D ;D You have a tub of BodyGlide, I hope? LMAO!

Keziah Fenton said...

Wow, Xenia I am in awe. OF so much that you do. How long have you been running now? You can do this! Yes you can.

me said...

A Marathon? And in Florence? Wow you really know how to celebrate a birthday! GOOD for you. You'll do great!

Meg said...

Yay! Good for you!

Nitmos said...

This is GREAT news. A marathon on your 30th!? A day to remember for sure. I never even thought of pulling muscles and vomiting all over myself to celebrate my 30th so, good for you! ;)

And Florence? Envy!

tfh said...

Personally, I think that is the COOLEST birthday ever. What could be headier than that mixture of "shit what have I done" + "omigodomigod i'm going to run a marathon in florence thisissocool"?

Viper said...

You'll keep feeling that "oh shit" feeling until, well, after you've finished. Congrats on your newfound idiocy!

Merry said...

I'm with tfh... running your first marathon in Florence on your 30th birthday shows style!
Go Xenia!

Kristina said...

Way to go! You'll do great. It's all about the ice bath...

Melanie said...

How exciting! It's going to be awesome I'm sure.

Vanilla said...

Awesome! Now I won't feel like the only idiot that's suffering through marathon training.

Congrats.

RazZDoodle said...

wow! you've committed to running a marathon. what's that like?

You'll do great!

joyRuN said...

The more, the merrier! I agree - there's something about this community that makes a marathon deceptively appealing.

A great birthday present to yourself, for sure!

MCM Mama said...

Look at you, joining all the crazy people!

You'll do great! Congrats!

The Laminator said...

Awesome. A marathon makes a wonderful birthday present. I should know because I did it too this year when I ran San Fran back in August. Another thing we have in common is that I did my first ever marathon when I turned the big 3-0 as well...and probably freaked out about it as much as you are doing now. I'm sure you'll do amazingly well...

The obvious next question is: Have you picked out a suitable plan yet? Which of 'em is lucky enough to claim your marathoning virginity?

Running Knitter said...

That's so awesome! I was wondering if you had decided or not. Yay! You're going to rock it!

Ted said...

I am so envious of you. How cool is that to run in a marathon in Florence, Italy? I say that beats the New Jersey Marathon that I ran last spring. You will do GREAT !!!

Marci said...

What an awesome way to celebrate your 30th Birthday! Good luck with your training!

chia said...

What a super b-day gift to thyself... bruised muscle tissue! Oh sweetie, you shouldn't have ;-).

You've been telling me every step of the way that I'll be fine and all that.. so now I turn all that happy positive energy back upon you to propel you to victory... starting tomorrow. I need all the help I can get ;-).

You're going to love it ;).

thebets said...

Yipee Xenia! You can do it! You are going to do fantastic!!!!

Blyfinn said...

Congrats on your decision! Looking forward to reading about the training.

BeachRunner said...

Way to go!!

Kevin said...

Wow. What a great way to turn 30. Your first marathon, and in Florence Italy. Way to go!

Paint-Me-Dioxazine said...

hahaha, GOOD LUCK! even if you don't manage to pull off the whole marathon - which i'm sure you will - the motivation to get out there and run will be great! can't wait to see how it goes! and hopefully it won't rain on all of that stone.