- I’m sensing a pattern developing here with my running. My alarm screeched at 7 am this morning, but I shut it off and went back to sleep. Here’s hoping tomorrow works better for me...and that there is no retaliation from the anti-procrastination weather gods. Eek!
- My best friend Ellen emailed me one of the best blogs ever: Scottish Actors! I love me a soft burr and some Gerard Butler, as has been well documented on this blog in the past. Yum...
- And just so I’m not accused of sexism (again), here’s a little something for the men.
This poster was plastered all over most of the metro stations as of the end of last week. Why is it remarkable, you ask? Because I saw the photo shoot during one of my first early morning runs around the Colosseum a few weeks ago. I wondered what the photos were going to be used for and now I know. Obviously it was a rush job considering the posters went to print in less than a couple of weeks. Apparently that didn’t give them enough time to Photoshop out her black undies either. Tsk.
- Can I get a hairdryer? Apparently not. A couple of us ladies here at the Nerditorium have been on the hunt for hairdryers, but we’ve been S.O.L. for about a week. No one has any. Department stores, pharmacies, supermarkets? Niente. I didn’t bring one with me because, well frankly there was no space available in my already overstuffed luggage and I also didn’t want to chance blowing a fuse either in the building or in the actual hairdryer itself (and I’ve actually witnessed both happen). I’ve had to keep my hair up in a claw clip for days and it’s beginning to annoy the hell out of me. My friend Canadia (can you tell where she hails from?) and I searched high and low today. We found plenty of shoe stores, stationeries, department stores, violin shops and even a place that sells archery equipment. Finally we came across this tiny hole in the wall shop which mostly sold pet supplies but, miraculously, they had one travel hair dryer which Canadia purchased. She’s been sick for the last few days so I let her have it. I’m a good friend, aren’t I? (grrrr...)
- What did I find today while out and about? A rubbish bin a fuoco (on fire)!
Random, but just plain awesome nonetheless.
- People at the Nerditorium are slowly finding out about me running the Florence marathon. The rise in my stress levels seems to directly correspond to the increasing number of people who know about the marathon. As my father would say in his lovely broken English, ‘This no good.’
- A friend said I should wear a toga while running the marathon. I vetoed it because of chafing issues, but there might end up being a laurel wreath involved on race day. As long as I don’t end up looking like a wannabe Jesus, I guess it won’t be too bad.
- If you haven’t already heard, Viv’s having another weight loss challenge! This blogger is most definitely signing up so I can get my weight down for race day. If you’re interested, head on over to her blog and sign up now! All the cool kids already have. ;)