Thursday, 23 October 2008

Quiz #2: The Revenge

So, I was accused of rigging the last contest by a bitter individual who will remain nameless. (*cough*pansy*cough*) I do admit that the questions favored those with knowledge of the classical world. Sue me. I’m an archaeologist and these are my quizzes. Suck it up.

Having said that, I thought I would make the second one a bit easier. And by easier I mean completely random and egocentric. How’s that for fair!

The prize remains the same—a kick-ass Popener and a postcard from Rome. The person to answer the most questions correctly wins. If there are several of you who get all the answers correct (and seriously, you better get them all right), I’ll have the random number generator choose a winner.

All right, people, get crackin’!

1) Why did I decide to study the Romans?
(a) They’re an entertainingly debauched people who left me bits of buildings to study.
(b) Latin was easier for me to understand than ancient Greek.
(c) I would get to travel around the Mediterranean and be able to call it work-related.
(d) All of the above.

2) What is my favorite Roman imperial name?
(a) Augustus
(b) Hadrian
(c) Commodus
(d) Pupienus

3) What do I want to be when I grow up finish my PhD? (Come on 2010!)
(a) employed
(b) The professor who is feared by all undergraduates
(c) retired
(d) Any of the above would do as long as I was finished writing this god-forsaken dissertation.

4) Where would I most like to visit on a non-work related holiday?
(a) Nebraska
(b) Michigan
(c) Ohio
(d) Fiji

5) What was one of my mother’s favorite endearments for me while I was growing up?
(a) angel
(b) sweetums
(c) golden child
(d) squirrel bait

6) How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie roll center of a Tootsie pop?

(a) 1
(b) 2
(c) 3
(d) I don’t care. I don’t like Tootsie rolls.

7) If you’ve recognized the pattern in the answers, then you are:
(a) a genius
(b) a member of Mensa
(c) very astute
(d) pretty average actually

Same spiel as last time. Type your answers in the comments of this post by 5 pm EST on Friday, October 24. The winner will be revealed on Monday.

Good luck, godspeed, and I hope you don’t choke. Again.

This is my last post for the week. I have no idea what to write about anymore. (Sweet lord, I’m turning into Razz. How horrible is that!) My runs are fairly standard and boring. (Except for the ginormous 20-miler I have planned for this weekend. Eek!) There’s also an important deadline hanging over my head, which means I’m not getting out and about much into the city lately. Honestly, the only really exciting thing to happen to me this week is that I finally received my absentee ballot in the mail yesterday. Yay for being able to do my civic duty! Well, at least I’m trying to think of it as exciting.

If you have any post topic ideas, suggest away in the comments. As of right now, I’m completely tapped out.

Have a good weekend, everyone.

P.S.—TFH, sorry dear, but you’ve already won so you’re not eligible for the prize again. Feel free to mess with the other participants though. Anything to amuse yourself. And me too of course. :)

19 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

hahahah, listen to you, well Missy, a few short months ago, (Except for the ginormous 20-miler I have planned for this weekend. Eek!), that would have been the topic of conversation! LMAO!!

I'm going with " D " for all seven questions, and yes, that is my final answer!

Have a GREAT day!

Jenn said...

I am going with D for all but number 4 because obviously you would come to Michigan to visit me on a non work related holiday. Who wouldn't! I am a 1/4 ton of fun!

J/K... I would totally go with you to Fiji though!

Hope this finds you well.

Jenn

Marcy said...

Dang it! Lily took my answer! I say all D's as well.

I'm also turning into Razz today. I have absolutely nothing to yak about. Amazing . . .I should probably go yell at the kids. That often inspires me :P

Viper said...

Oh, good, we're back to name calling. I missed that.

The easy answer has been taken, so I'll go with D, D, D, D, C, C, D. And if that's not right, you can go ahead and rearrange them in the correct order.

Now, get to work, slack-ass!

Mel said...

All D's for me too! Have a great weekend!

Jess said...

I go with D for all! Good luck on the 20 miler this weekend.

m said...

DDDD :)

RazZDoodle said...

1 - D
2 - D. For reasons that should be obvious. Perv.
3 - D. They have a term for you guys.....Lifetime Student.
4 - D - I'd say Nebraska, but c'mon...you'd probably be way too intimidated to bask in my aura.
5 - I'd laugh my ass of if it were D.
6 - YouTube is blocked here but I don't need it. It takes thu-ree! C. D?? You don't like Tootsie Rolls? commie
7 - D. I've never been accused of being above average....at least on quizzes to win a bottle opener and a card. *wink wink nudge nudge*

The Running Knitter said...

I'm going to go with all D's as well.
Post ideas - don't you have a birthday coming up? I would use the opportunity to make sure everyone knows, and you are accepting really expensive gifts, etc. :)

chia said...

I figure if all D's are good enough for my chest, they are good enough for your blog.

But pleasepleaseplease come to Michigan :-).

The Laminator said...

I'm all over the D's too! (But you're an A for coming up with this quiz!)

Do I get extra credit for sucking up?

Ted said...

Ahhh... been accusted of rigging the last contest by a bitter individual... it has to be Viper !

Here's my answer..

1. D
2. A
3. C
4. C
5. D
6. D
7. B

Fiji sounds too good !!!

tfh said...

This is going to be your first 20-mile, right? Unless I'm somehow mistaken. Your casual-and-offhand mention thereof makes me feel mistaken. Good luck, Squirrel Bait!

P.S. Your note to me reminded me of Mrs. Anderson in third grade, who told me "I know you know all the answers, so I have to call on other students. You understand, right?" It was devastating. You're going to be a great scary professor!

Meg said...

I'm going to go 1)D, 2)D, 3)D, 4)D, 5)C, 6)C, 7)D
I had to read 2D out loud to get it. I'm glad my office is empty. :)

Vanilla said...

I'm going with DDDDDDA because clearly the last answer HAS to be A in my case.

Jamie said...

All D's??? I know so original. Good luck with that 20 miler that's big news. And you must find a way to get to Fiji it is amazing!

Frayed Laces said...

Don't make me Christmas tree this puppy. Where's my scantron?


I haven't heard about you peeing in any sinks lately...that means grad school must be going well, right?


And I go with all D's. Send me my postcard, beotch! :)

P.O.M. said...

Double D's baby - to the 3rd power.

I, too am experiencing un peau writer's block. I had to resort to a meme tag.

Virginia Dressler said...

I love popener's!!! i bought a bunch when i was in Vatican City. I love all things cheesy... especially of the religious flavor.

to answer your question- i will renew my passport- guess i'm just sentimental about this particular one. : )