Finally got a run in on Thursday. Not the distance or the type it should have been, but at least I did something. It’s frustrating. I just can’t seem to shake the fatigue lately. It doesn’t help that work is stressing me out (next week is a big week for me...gulp!) and time is passing a lot faster than it normally does. Damn deadlines. So I’m grumpy, bloated, brain-dead and just want to sleep for about a week. How the hell I’m supposed to get a 20-miler in this weekend is beyond me, but I can’t skip it since I missed out on last weekend’s 16 mile LSD and I really don’t think starting my taper three weeks earlier than scheduled is a good thing.
Oh yeah, then there’s the marathon. 23 days left? Holy. Crap. Thankfully, I’m in total work-mode, so I’m completely unable to worry about that until next weekend. Then it’ll be all hands on deck on the good ship SS WTF HAVE I DONE?!.
Enough of my bitching. Here are the answers to Wednesday’s quiz:
1) The pyramid is the tomb of Gaius Cestius which was built in the late 1st century BC.
2) The 2nd century AD Greek physician who wrote a treatise on gynecology was in fact Soranus. No, I didn’t make it up. Soranus is tied with Pupienus as my favorite name from antiquity.
3) The answer is A, satyr and nymph, though I can see how it could easily be confused for D.
4) The name of Indy’s secretary was Irene. The only reason I know this is because I took an Indiana Jones movie quiz a few years ago and this question stumped me completely. Now I will never forget it.
5) The esteemed Laurence Olivier played Zeus in Clash of the Titans. Burgess Meredith played a character called Ammon, Harry Hamlin played Perseus and Brian Blessed wasn’t in the film at all.
6) The answer was E. Troy had some great actors, but the script was complete crap. You shouldn’t mess too much with a story like that. It’s endured millennia for a reason—it’s that good.
So, who won? That would be the lovely Brooke, of course. She got every answer spot on. Yay Brooke! Email me your snail mail addy and I’ll get your prize out to you soon.
Realizing the game had already been won, most of you didn’t attempt the quiz at all. This saddened me. Since I’m feeling overly giving and also a bit bad that so many of you are getting shafted, I decided to have a second prize winner chosen by the random number generator. The lucky number was 4. Commenter #4 was erm....well me actually. Crap, that’s not going to work. Let me try that again.... Okay, the winner is lucky number 7.
Commenter #7 was Viper. (Editor’s note: WHAT?! Sorry Marcy.) All right, lush, email me your mailing address too.
Brooke, Viper, soon you will be reveling in Popener ownership. It’s an amazing day for both of you, I know.
Have a great weekend, everyone.