1) Mystic Pizza featured a fresh-faced Matt Damon in his first film role.
2) The 1985 fantasy film starring Tom Cruise was Legend. My sister and I seemed to have an obsession with unicorn movies when we were growing up because we loved this movie as well as the animated film The Last Unicorn based on the Peter S. Beagle book. I hear they’re thinking of making a live action version of it. This just confirms that Hollywood is full of morons.
3) Jennifer Lopez has been married three times, most recently to Marc Anthony. I think Viv’s nickname for him (Skeletor) is the best one yet and I will use it from here on out.
4) The actor I do not want to lick all over is Steve Buscemi. Great actor, just not lick-worthy.
5) Nicole Kidman is the one who needs to stop with the Botox injections...and also stop denying that she gets them. Seriously, we’re not blind idiots. It’s obvious, Nic. And while you’re at it, stop having crap injected into your lips. You’re looking like one big hot plastic mess right now. It ain’t pretty.
The winner of the quiz was Marcy. Yay Marcy! The second winner chosen by the random number generator was commenter #11.
That would be my girl, Viv. Yay Viv! Ladies, email me your snail mail addresses and soon you will be owners of
Wherein I steal a segment and verbiage from other bloggers, rename it and therefore don’t have to give them credit for it. Huzzah!
There have been some interesting comments and questions from some of you recently, so I thought I’d take the opportunity to respond to them. (Or else I’m dying for blog material and this is all I got. Either way, it works, no?)
Because of the title of the previous post, tfh feared I was preggers.
Response: Thankfully, I’m not. The world can live another glorious day without the fear of me spawning just yet. However, recently, there was a pregnancy scare here at the Nerditorium which required the wearing of a fake wedding ring while purchasing multiple pregnancy tests at the pharmacy. (This is Catholic country, people.) Results were thankfully negative. Just a freakish false alarm. My friend was quite relieved.
With just one quiz left and only two chances to win, Theresa asked ‘Is there a way to bribe the random number generator?’
Response: Bribe the random number generator? No. Bribing the person who plugs the numbers into the random number generator? You betcha!
In response to my imminent departure from Rome, theloosemoose laments a lost opportunity: ‘Leaving Rome in one week?! Damn. There goes my devilish plot of stalking you at the Nerditorium and coercing you into being my running buddy this February...'Cause that wouldn't be weird at ALL, right?
Loose Moose: "Hi! I read your blog all the time. Lace up those shoes, and let's hit the road, shall we?"
Xenia: "Polizia!! Aiuto!!"’
Response: Trust me, a random encounter with an internet stalker would probably end better for me than calling in the Italian police. Potential for molestation increases when the polizia are involved.
Lily and POM are bugging me to post my race photos.
Response: Seriously, you want to see me in all my crappy running non-glory? You’re sad individuals. Fine, but this is all I’m willing to show of me on this blog.
This is a post-race photo of me and my sister Z.
Okay, maybe it’s 25 years out of date, but at least it conveys the general attitude from marathon day.
Me = tired and unimpressed with having another photo of me taken.
Z = proud of her little sister and over the moon about having another photo taken of her.
That’s it for me today. The last pop quiz will be posted tomorrow with the results announced on Friday. Good luck and happy hump day to all.