Friday, 19 December 2008

Say goodnight, Gracie

Last night, I finally got off my lazy arse and went for a run. It was my first ever evening run, a simple 3.4 miles. It felt good. The temperature was warm enough that I didn't really need to wear my fleece vest, though I was thankful I did if only for the use of the pockets. I'll have to try this again when I get back in January.

As things stand right now, I'm won't be winning anything in the HBBChallenge. Oh well, I'll keep doing what I can when I can. I'm trying to finish off a bunch of work before I leave for the states on Sunday. Once I'm across the pond, there will be a flurry of more traveling (Planes, Trains and Automobiles will have nothing on me), last minute shopping and family time. Then there's a conference I need to prepare for. All in all, I'm going to be super busy and without decent internet access, so this is my last major post for a while. I'll try to update my sidebar with my HBBC progress and check in on some of you, but mostly I won't be posting or commenting much.

So I leave you with some nice images to remember me by. These photos were taken at St. Peter's a week ago.

on the way up to the top of the dome of St. Peter's

interior of the dome

view from the dome

Big Papa's house

hazy close-up of the Pantheon dome (to the left with the ringed steps)

I want to wish you all safe and happy holidays. Catch you later.

23 comments:

Melanie said...

beautiful pics! I'd love to go to Italy one day... safe travels, and happy holidays.

Ted said...

Incredible pictures !!! I feel like I got to know Rome now. It would be better if I am actually there to see it for myself. Who knows? Someday !

Have a safe trip ! Happy Holidays to you!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Great pix!

I knew it! I knew that when Marcy went off the grid other people would think it was The Thing To Do Now and follow suit. I really hopes she's happy with herself. She's a Role Model in the running blogosphere, and I just wish she were more a Jonas Brothers role model than a Britney one.

But she's made her choice and so, sister Xenia, have you.

[sarcasm,]Enjoy your non-traditional off-line Christmas!1!1![/sarcasm]

(Proving the War On Traditional Christmas Values continues... And now we know whose side you're on ... Declining to go online like some sort of common Latin Noun guttersnipe ... I won't pretend I'm not disappointed in you ...)

Lily on the Road said...

Merry Christmas X!!

Safe travels, catch up with you later!!

Calyx Meredith said...

Enjoy your holiday!

Merry said...

Just remember -- we drive on the right in this country. Not on the left, as in England, or on the sidewalk, as in certain creative European countries... well anyway, safe travels on the road and warm hugs when you arrive!

tfh said...

Good luck finishing up your work and bidding Italy adieu-- er, ciao-- and safe travels. Unlike Glaven, I'm thrilled that some of my favorite bloggers will be offline at the same time as I am. Time will be suspended and we'll be missing nothing!

Jamie said...

Nice job getting the night run done. Safe travels this holiday season - and Happy Holidays!!!

joyRuN said...

Happy & safe travels :)

Steve Stenzel said...

Nice run! And GREAT shots!

The Running Knitter said...

That view from the dome is amazing! Happy holidays and safe travels!

Count of Monte Christo said...

Congrats on the run! Evening runs do get better with repetition...
Have a good trip and all the best in preparing.
As to the pics.... Hmmmm Rome .... (quietly drooling). Loving them!

chia said...

I'm so envious!!! What wonderful scenery to toy around with!

Happy ho-ho's yo! Can't wait for March :-)

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

You got me all wrong, sister! I meant "ice" - over at joyRuN's - as in "diamond"! You're so precious, is what I meant!

Now gimme a Popener, already!

rssasrb said...

Happy Holidays. Hope you have a wonderful visit home.

Marci said...

Thanks for sharing those pictures. I won't be winning anything in the HBBC either. Have a great trip home. Do you go back overseas after Christmas?

X-Country2 said...

Your stories and pictures are so wonderful. I really hope to make it there some day.

Travel safe!

Girl on Top said...

Great pictures! I wish I've been where you have!

Come over to my page for a chance to win some new shoes! Nothing motivates like new ones!

Nitmos said...

Awesome pics. Happy holidays!

Frayed Laces said...

Ooh pretty. Have a fun holiday!

Viper said...

Happy holidays!

Thank you for the replacement Popener. That wasn't necessary, but very much appreciated. Cheers!

Julianne said...

Wow, that dome is beautiful! My husband raves about St. Peters and how beautiful it is. I want to go one day. :-)

Just stumbled upon your blog from JoyRuN's page. What's a Popener??

Sarah said...

Fantastic photos! They make me want to travel again.