Friday, 16 January 2009

Jolly ole England

I was going to complain about my extraordinarily long and taxing transatlantic flight on Wednesday and Thursday, but considering what the passengers of US Airways Flight 1549 had to contend with, I think I’ll keep my mouth shut.

I’ve only been back a day, but I still have yet to run. Probably won’t until Sunday either. Yeah, the second week of my half marathon training program is going swimmingly, is it not?

Not much to say except that, unsurprisingly, it’s gray, cold and wet here in England. I’m not likely to see the sun again until May. Oh well, back to having no skin pigmentation.

Hope you all have a great and hopefully not too cold weekend. I’d like to wish good luck to RazZDoodle, Vanilla, The Running Knitter, Kristina and anyone else who I’m forgetting that’s running this weekend. Enjoy the Arizona sunshine, guys, and think of the rest of us freezing our asses off as you’re sweating buckets and getting sunburned.

Later gators.

13 comments:

Theresa said...

Welcome back to the land of dreeriness!

Kristina said...

thanks! I can't wait to leave our 2 degrees for something a little more reasonable in a few hours...

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Good decision not to complain about your flight. You're classier than MY friends, one of whom (in the DC area) emailed me this morning as follows:

When the survivors envy the dead

“There have been scores of survivors,” said one police official. The people appeared to be, “cold but not injured. Some were taken to the Jersey side too. They had blankets. They appeared to be uninjured."

[his comment:] my god, haven't they suffered enough?


HAHAHAHAHA!! Way to make others' misery the punchline for your lame Jersey joke, friend!

And that DC-area friend was ... Barack Obama. True! We went to terrorist school together in Indonesia. Surely you saw this story on Hannity & Colmes?

From the looks of the picture of you today on my blog, you never had pigmentation to speak of. Stop blaming England! What-what!

tfh said...

I'm glad you got back safely and that's over with. Keeping your mouth shut? Weird-- we'll see how long the "other people have suffered more" doctrine keeps you from complaining. It's never stopped me!

Viper said...

Gray, cold and wet? Sounds like Northeast Ohio. Glad to hear you made it back to England without a surprise water landing. Cheers!

Roisin said...

Gray, cold, and wet...yes, that sounds like England to me!

Ms. V. said...

ah...the damp...

You're not in Kansas anymore.

And don't worry...how far away is your Half? We're on our 1st week for a Half in April.

Merry said...

Yay! Xenia's back in town!

X-Country2 said...

Sun is highly over-rated. :o)

Meg said...

Welcome back!

Girl on Top said...

Have a good weekend!

Count of Monte Christo said...

Welcome back to Europe... Just realize, it's only three and a half month until May, so gear up well before your runs.

Marcy said...

YAY!! I'm glad you're "home". Now I can continue stalking your blog like norm ;-)