Monday, 9 February 2009

7 and miscellany

RunToFinish held a virtual race this weekend, the 7 on the 7th. I signed up.

So, did I run this weekend? That would be a no.

Between the weather and lack of motivation, I just didn’t do anything this weekend. That’s a lie. I’ve been baking* which is not helping my tightening jeans situation at all. It also didn’t help that the gym closed super early on Friday and didn’t open on time on Saturday so I was forced to miss both of the classes I signed up for. Weak English and their fear of snow. Grumble, grumble...

Instead, I ran 7 today. On the human hamster wheel. At the gym that was surprisingly open even though there’s the fear of a few snowflakes later today. A miracle indeed.

I ran it in 1:19:27. A crappy time for most of you, but pretty respectable for this slow poke on her LSDs.

Another miracle—I finally got to sign up for a spin class which is happening this evening. It’s taken me two weeks to get into a class. That’s insane. Let’s hope the double workout today helps counteract the not-so-healthy food I’ve been enjoying for a few weeks now.

To counter the foul mood the English, their pansy ways and their shit weather have put me in, I leave you with these fun links.
  • I really wish I had been in Liverpool station when they filmed this T-Mobile commercial. Looks like fun.

  • This one’s been popping up on Facebook. A clip from the Ellen DeGeneres show with probably the funniest caller I’ve ever heard. Here’s a snippet from the convo: “I love Jesus but I drink a little.”

All right, that’s it for me today. Hope your week is starting off well. I’ll catch up with you guys later.

- - - - - - - - - -
*I need to both thank and scold the Erratic Epicurean for bringing the Pioneer Woman’s cooking blog to my attention. Everything so far, including the fruit bars (with raspberry jam...amazing) that I’ve been packing away like they’re going out of style, has tasted fan-freaking-tastic. The only problem is that it’s not helping the jeans situation mentioned above. Oy.

11 comments:

tfh said...

Have fun spinning this weekend. Nice job spreading the responsibility-- I can now blame you when I can't fit into my jeans. And also when I get in trouble at work for watching a seven minute Ellen clip!

Count of Monte Christo said...

Sounds like a challenging visit to the gym!

I love the vid's, though they are a lot less fun to watch over a crappy hotel internet connection :-(

Ms. V. said...

Great commercial!

Roisin said...

Since I've been in the Liverpool station a few times (super sketchy late at night), this lil commercial made me laugh :)

Carly said...

LOL....Great commercial and I loved the Ellen video!

theloosemoose said...

I was amazed with how many hits I had today, and then I came to your blog and learned it was all because of you! Thanks!! I'm all about random strangers harassing me in a futile attempt to acquire Popeners.

Thanks again for the map - that was so nice of you!!!

Marci said...

Great job on your 7. I saw that Ellen on FB and almost posted it one my blog. Its so hilarious!

The Laminator said...

Omigosh, I almost fell off my chair laughing so hard at that Ellen clip! And the T-mobile commercial was not half bad either. Thanks for sharing!

joyRuN said...

I have to check out these apparently hilarious videos when I can. I'm missing out!

You're awesome for doing 7 on the mill. I don't have that kind of attention span.

Merry said...

In San Francisco, people dance in public for the fun of it :)

Public Displays of Musical Affection
http://current.com/items/89011859/60_people_spontaneously_break_into_bjork_s_oh_so_quiet_in_san_francisco.htm

Nobel4Lit said...

Good job getting in your 7 miles!