Wednesday, 18 February 2009

It's a miracle

My Google Reader has been taunting me for months with how many unread posts I had. Seriously. The lowest number I’ve seen during that time was something like 160. Finally, finally, yesterday my hard work paid off and I saw this.


Halle-frickin’-lujah!

Of course today it’s back up to 14, but at least it’s still only in the double digits. Huzzah!

The spin class on Monday went well. No chafage and there was even a double bonus. Not only was there a hot runner on the treadmill who I got to stare at through the glass wall of the spin room, but there’s also a new gorgeous spin instructor. Methinks I need to sign in for the later Monday session to partake of this new scenery.

Tonight I have a ten mile run on the books. I once again contemplated getting those miles in this morning but knew before I set my alarm last night that it just wasn’t going to happen. I think the only thing that will get me out of my morning rut is daylight savings time which, in England, doesn’t happen until March 29. Crapola.

To add to all that, current plans for later this year look like they will prevent me from running a fall marathon. Right now I’m not too sad about this since I have a long way to go training-wise to hit my dream time of 4:30. The rest of this year will probably be better spent running shorter distances and increasing my speed as well as shedding a few more pounds. Then maybe I can run the Rome marathon next March. Sounds good to me at the moment anyway.

All right, folks, hope you have a not-too-crappy Wednesday ahead of you. And if you don’t, well, here’s a video that will at least perk up your puerile sense of humor.



Later gators.

20 comments:

joyRuN said...

HA! First here!

brb.

joyRuN said...

See now, the SMART person would've looked up "Durex" before getting all excited about the prospect of entertaining her children with a vid of cute balloon animals.

Yeah.

Yet another beautiful example of RBF parenting skilz.

Kristina said...

I don't think ya need to know what Durex means--just look at the image on the screen before you click play :)
Btw, Xenia, I finally listened to your RL podcast the other day, and when I heard your real name, I actually thought I'd been on the call and forgot that I'd participated. The question for you is: "K, C, or Ch?"

Cowboy Hazel said...

You have that many posts to read and you still found time to read mine!? Thank you!

Sorry to hear about the fall marathon. I'm in a similar boat -- won't be able to run my first choice of the fall ones because of scheduling issues. :-(

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! That video was Teh Best 4EVAH!!1!

Poor toyFuN. She thinks those things having sex are "balloons"! No wonder she has 17 kids! "Here, put this balloon on, dear. Let's be safe."

HAHAHA!! Sorry, X, I know you wrote some stuff in this post, but all I can think about is that video (which I watched like 10 times) and trying to recreate it at home for Teh 'Bride's benefit!

The Brits are so much saner about sex than we Puritan Yanks.

Man - I'm horny now. How come I never meet such nympho condoms in my drab life?!

tfh said...

There is nothing better than good eye candy while working out. Unless maybe it's watching squeaky sex parodies. Good luck with the ten miles tonight!

Roisin said...

I can't look at the condom commercial whilst at work, but it is on my list for post work/gym fun this evening.

I'm glad you have more eye candy at the gym! I'm enjoying mine!

Crabby McSlacker said...

I don't know which I enjoyed more, the commercial or the post label: "Classy is my middle name."

Confession: I could never get it together to even set up an RSS reader, so I just randomly jump from link to link and totally miss out on awesome blog posts because I'm so lame.

MCM Mama said...

Yay for eye candy! Totally LOL at the commercial, but I was quite happy that neither of the kids noticed it. So NOT ready for that discussion!

Viper said...

That's why I don't bother subscribing to everyone's blog. I don't want that kind of commitment in my life.

Nice vid. Better than all the LoungeCasts combined.

Ms. V. said...

Here's the answer to the VOX question you asked:

I plug in all my numbers in Runners World training log. Weight. Time. Distance. It calculates it. You have to click on calendar after you input it, and the link will give you the data like I have in my post. It's a great feature, because I'm very interested in my VOX.

PS-I'm crazy with Bloglines, too.

Vanilla said...

Awesome Video! Also, the "Mark All As Read" button comes in really handy when you get into the triple digits.

Jamie said...

Oh wow that video! Lovesit! I'm not sure I'll ever see 0 on my google reader...

X-Country2 said...

I hate when Google reader gets that high. It's like I need to make an appointment with myself to get it all read. Way to knock it out!

Marcy said...

Oh my gawd!!! That baby wasn't aired here, was it?! HAHAHAHAAA

Don't sweat the race schedule. You have me beat. I can't even really make mine yet *le sigh*

The Laminator said...

Way to knock down the google reader. I myself can't ever get it down except on the weekends when i have more time.

Loved the video by the way. Thanks to you, now i can't get the squeaking balloon sounds out of my head.

MizFit said...

I KNOW thats totally why I dont have a reader---well, reason #3182398 anyway.

Jess said...

HAHAHAHA oh my gosh that video is amazing. I am cracking up!

Tammy said...

I can't watch the video here, either. Dang! I'll have to check it out later.

Too bad about the fall marathon. I'm planning another one in the fall, but haven't settled on which one yet.

Calyx Meredith said...

Yay for a clear feed reader and eye candy at the gym! The "balloon" animals are disturbing but oh-so-funny!!