Friday, 20 February 2009

A landmark day

I’m famous, bitches! Okay, maybe not famous per se, but I’ve at least achieved the RBF version of it. Tom and Amy at the Runners Lounge interviewed me for this week’s Open Mic Friday. If you haven’t already heard enough about my life in the past few weeks, now you’ll get to read a little bit more. Eh, at least I provided some photos to spice up the prose. And no, they’re not of me. Intrigued? Well, go check it out already!

It’s pretty funny how some things in life fortuitously line up. This post is my 200th on this blog. Holy moley! Who knew I had this much junk to talk about ad nauseum? And that some of you poor suckers would keep coming back to read it. I would just like to thank you all for sticking with me for this long. Your endurance for painfully pathetic prose is extraordinary. I salute you.

Rest assured this will be the last post-aversary I will be celebrating since I plan on culling my archives over the next few weeks. Check them out while you can, because pretty soon they’ll be forever gone from the blogosphere. Good riddance, really.

And since I have nothing else of interest to talk about, I’ll just give out some link love. Here are some of the bloggers who entertained me this week:
  • Continuing his cause of flooding the blogosphere with TMI, Glaven posted one of the funniest pictures yesterday. Unfortunately, it involves his son and penis snipping. Seriously, Glaven, your son’s going to kill you one of these days.
  • JoySashaY joyRuN posted a photo of her homemade protein bars. They look like crap, literally, yet I still want to try them. I should probably start to worry about myself now. She also talks about her craptastic swimming session which really makes me not want to ever learn how to swim. Ever.
  • Kristina has gone green. And not in the good way.
  • Ellen posted a video of a very energetic Bon Jovi fan at a Celtics game. I like a little Bon Jovi myself, but dang!
  • Chia’s arrival into her new home state was greeted with much fanfare. And by fanfare I mean explosions and fireballs. Way to make an entrance, my friend!
That’s it for me today. Have a great weekend, everyone!

23 comments:

Count of Monte Christo said...

Great piece on Runners Lounge!

I very much enjoyed reading it and getting to know a bit more about the person behind the archeologist's trowel.

Ryan said...

The word Penis should never, ever, evernever, nevernever ever be followed by snipping! EVER!

I had to reach down just to ensure "it" was still there...whew!

Marcy said...

Ohhhh I'm gonna have to go check it out!

Are you going to throw out everything? I usually only save a month or 2. Sometimes I wonder what I was thinking back then. HAHA

Marcy said...

You chew gum while running?!? Dayum! I'd probably choke HAHA!

I am honored that you would like to roll with me *sniff* *sniff* Oooo all the things we could laugh at while running HAHA!

Melanie said...

great interview! Have a wonderful weekend.

joyRuN said...

Sweet interview! You really do pick the most unfortunate places to pee, huh?

I forgot to mention my poop bars taste like brownies. YUM-O!!

Have a good weekend :)

Roisin said...

I'm heading over to Runner's Lounge, post haste!

Well...I should probably do a little work first...

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Thanks for the link-love, sister!

at least I provided some photos to spice up the prose. And no, they’re not of me.

I will read this interview right after I finish here! Please tell me the pix are of blown-up condoms acting out your sex life! And that joySashaY left a comment saying, "My what pretty balloons ... [TriumphTheInsultComicDogVoice]FOR ME TO PROTEIN BAR ON!!11![/TriumphTheInsultComicDogVoice]

Because that would be cool.

Well, only one way to find out ...

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Read the interview, sister, and even posted a comment.

Because it's what I do.

Great job! (I mean you; not me.*)

(*That's a lie. I meant me.)

RazZDoodle said...

you're cranky today. Hey, thanks for not wanting to run with me. How's that Des Moines shirt workin out for ya?

MissAllycat said...

You are an Internet Superstar!! Way to rock it! :)

tfh said...

You're totally anonymously famous! I laughed at your near-pee by a homeless person. And I suspect you're selling yourself short: you're going to be one of those professors whose brilliant publications and fame quickly remove her from most of her mundane teaching duties and consequently gets invited to serve in presidential cabinets. And then you will be grateful that no one will ever make a connection between you and the girl who once peed in a sink. :) (Although, frankly, who hasn't?)

Jamie said...

Great RL interview. I seriously can't believe you chew gum while running - very impressive :)

Lily on the Road said...

You are a riot!

Thanks for the shout out and yes we will run together!

No need for thanks, (but you're welcome) you got it done and did really well, it was you who did the hard work.

I just sit at the computer and read about all of your achievements! LOL...

{{{hugs}}}

Merry said...

Eek... if you get rid of your archives, then what will your biographer do when the time comes to research and write your life story?

Theresa said...

200 posts - awesome! Why the cull of the archives? That was good stuff!

Jenn said...

Just promise that you won't axe the Wizards of Blogland! I love that story.

RazZDoodle said...

guilt is like jello: there's *always* room for it! :)

Viper said...

You'd even want to run with me? Ha! That's rich!

Heather said...

Nice interview! Have a great weekend.

Marci said...

I'll definately check out the Runner's Lounge piece. Have a great weekend!

X-Country2 said...

Open Mic Friday is for sure famous! Great interview.

MCM Mama said...

Great interview! LOL at another pee story from you.