Since I don’t have much spare brain power left to think of anything else to write about, I’ll just recycle a tag I got bitch-slapped with on FB. Here are 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about me, with a few slight changes from those posted on FB to protect
1. I cave to peer pressure, hence me writing this godforsaken list.
2. I should have been named Jean. I'm glad I wasn't.
3. I've always wanted to learn how to play the piano so I could re-enact that scene in the movie Big where Tom Hanks is jumping around on the gigantic floor piano.
4. I ran a marathon and want to run another one.
5. I remember virtually nothing about US history and am always afraid I'm going to get caught out on it like in the Jay-Walking segments on The Tonight Show.
6. I want to know what it's like to be pregnant, but I'm not sure I’d make a good mom.
7. My lucky number is 5.
8. I have a brother who is almost 28 years younger than me and I wonder if he'll ever think I'm cool.
9. I feel deficient not being able to speak Greek.
10. Oddly enough, my first language was Greek. (See, it’s true: If you don’t use it, you lose it.)
11. My favorite ice cream sundae is chocolate ice cream with peanut butter and hot fudge sauce on top.
12. Just typing #11 put 5 pounds onto my thighs.
13. I worry about the health of my family a lot.
14. This is not what I thought being 30 would feel like. It's not bad, just not what I expected.
15. I've only seriously entertained pursuing four professions in my life--a veterinarian, a marine biologist, an astronomer or an archaeologist.
16. I wonder why I never chose a profession that didn't require a decade of schooling to achieve it.
17. I'm a lefty, but my dad tried to make me do things right-handed when I was little until my mom told him to knock it off. This is why I do some things right-handed now.
18. I secretly hope to be on Jeopardy one day.
19. I'm really looking forward to the day when I get called 'Professor X'.
20. I've not so subtly been telling my sister to get knocked up because I really want to be an aunt.
21. Although I can't wait to move back to the states after I finish my PhD, I'm afraid of the weight I'll gain by living the car-dependent lifestyle once again.
22. I'm a cheapskate in everyday life so I don't feel too bad when I blow large sums of money on plane tickets to cool places.
23. I can never regret not applying to Dartmouth because then I wouldn't have gone to my undergrad alma mater and met my Taiwanese sister. Holla, Ellen!
24. When I retire, I want to live in a Queen Anne house and spend my days refinishing furniture, quilting, reading books, getting serviced by my cabana boy Gerard Butler, and yelling at the neighborhood kids to get off my lawn as I wave a shotgun at them.
25. I daydream all the damn time.
There you have it. Even more information about me you didn’t want to know. Let’s all hope next week sees me running more. Or at the very least writing better posts.
Have a fabulous weekend, everyone!
- - - - - - - - - -
If you haven't already heard, there's going to be another virtual race happening on February 14 in honor of our wonderful Nancy and the crappy diagnosis she got from the doc. The fabulous USJogger is holding the Freakishly Flexible 5K on that weekend. So stop by his blog and tell him you're in like flynn then run some miles that weekend for our hobbled homegirl. She more than deserves this collective shout-out of internet love and support.
We love you, Nancy!