Wednesday, 4 March 2009

Ohm

Having read Frayed Laces, tfh and others extolling the virtues of yoga, I’ve been wanting to give it a try. It’s been on my to-do list for ages now actually. Then I read that, of all people, even the sot had tried yoga. And I still hadn’t. I think I lost one of my chick cards that day.

Well, I quickly redeemed myself and my femininity by signing up and taking my first yoga class last night. It conveniently started right after my spin class ended, so I was already sweaty and exhausted when I entered the studio.

I surprised myself. I really liked it. I didn’t think I would. The instructor was fantastic—very into yoga and its benefits but not so new age-y I wanted to barf. She made sure to ask who the newbies in the class were and checked up on everyone regularly. She even passed by me at one point to ask how I was liking the class and to compliment me on my form. Not bad for this clumsy oaf.

I’ve already signed up for next week’s class and am debating whether or not to go to the one on Friday. It all depends on my schedule though.

Another day, another razzdoodle
I just want to take a minute and publicly badmouth RazZdoodle. Again. Thanks to you, sir, I’ve wasted a good portion of my life on Sporcle.com. Why did you have to post the link to this website?! I’ve been on the damn thing every day. Currently two quizzes have me in their snare: US Presidents and Emperors of Rome. I’ve finally been able to name all the presidents, but since I’m such a freak, I now have to list them in chronological order before I can it let go. Same goes for the Roman emperors. My progress so far has been frankly amazing since the first time I did that quiz I could only name 20 or so emperors and now I can name all 76. Crazy.

And like any person on a sinking ship, I'm making sure I don't drown alone. Now I've exposed more of you bloggers and about half my department to the wondrous evils of this website. Work output has decreased significantly this past week in my office. It makes me happy when I'm not the only slacker there.

Anyhoo, now it’s time to add another definition to the word ‘razzdoodle’.

1) writer’s block
2) prolific use of bullet points
3) premature ejaculation ... of a podcast and/or post
4) breaking a toilet
5) sabotaging another’s productivity with quiz-filled websites

I’ve officially been razzdoodled. Curse you, you Husker nutter!

Since I can’t inflict any direct pain on you from an ocean away, I can only hope you see Starbucks everywhere you go for the next thirty some-odd days to make your lent decision that much more painful. Hey, maybe I should go one step further and try to get in touch with WifeDoodle and introduce her to the concept of the meat punch.*

That would make me feel loads better. :)

Happy hump day, everyone.

- - - - - - - - - -
* Rampant blogosphere usage of this term courtesy of Carolina John via the always classy recumbent biker, Glaven.

24 comments:

Count of Monte Christo said...

There is nothing wrong with being (slightly) neurotic. I think we all know what it feels like.

The yoga sounded interesting... I've been thinking about going for a class - at least my muscles feel like they need it sometimes - but I would probably stick out between all the female participants.
Probably just buy a dvd or something and then forget about the thing after having seen it once.

RazZDoodle said...

Interesting.

Theresa said...

I can name all the US presidents, in chronological order. Just sayin. Spelling their names on the other hand is bit trickier.

Calyx Meredith said...

Sage Rountree has a fantastic yoga for athletes video. She is a triathlete and coach as well as a yoga teacher. My ITB is soooo much better thanks to her. (She also has podcasts. Very accessible!) Good luck tearing yourself away from Sporcle this week!

joyRuN said...

I only do the recumbent bike version of yoga (fitTV & iTunes).

The real stuff you get in a class gives me a monster headache, oddly enough.

My legs feel great afterwards though, regardless.

Not checking out this sporcle business.

Unless I'm at work at 2am about to crawl into bed next to my patients. Then I'll reconsider.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

My favorite Roman Emperor?

Constantine.

Why?

Because he had Teh Biggest C*ck.

Now THAT guy knew how to Emperorize! Punch him ANYWHERE you were BOUND to hit meat!

Magnum Meatus Est!

Per your instructions, I added Cum to my latest blog post.

Perv.

The Laminator said...

Not ready to try the presidents...I'm stick to my multiplication table...that's how awesome I am...yes!

Yoga sounds interesting...for you, not for me, haha.

I love the new razzdoodle definition...I gotta find some way to incorporate all of them in a sentence...

Marcy said...

Oooohhh that site is waaayy cool! Of course I pick the intellectual choice of Fast Food Restaurants :P I will have to come back to this after the kid's go to school HAHA!

Sun Runner said...

I had the first yoga class of my 8-week-long session on Monday. It was excellent. I'm very glad I finally decided to do it. I hope you continue going back!

Heather said...

I just started doing yoga regularly this winter and have really enjoyed it. I wish I lived closer to a place that had an actual class, because I think that would be WAY better than doing the same DVD over and over again.

Way to go on the quizzes. Who cares about productivity when there are such other fascinating things to occupy your time?

Vanilla said...

Hey Raz, look! You're famous!

Blyfinn said...

How is is possible that you are able to name all 76 emperors? That is insane.

Roisin said...

If you want to be totally nerdy--err--awesome, see if you can name all of the vice presidents.

Good times for us history nerds.

Ted said...

Hmmmm.. I am thinking way off the point here. The next time you head back to states, you might want to try Jeopardy game. Who knows !!!

tfh said...

Oh, no! Just when I'd managed to detox from my freerice.com addict, you have to introduce me to Sporcle. It's always something...

I'm glad you liked the yoga. A good teacher makes all the difference!

tfh said...

addiction. Damn it. Sounds like I need to go back to freerice and brush up on my English language skills...

Carolina John said...

my favorite roman emporer is Testicles (sounds like test-i-clees), when was he ruling again? during a real population growth?

hey thanks for the linkback. i do think wifedoodle needs to start meat punching. i'm surprised how rampant the term usage has gotten.

Ms. V. said...

Razz on!

Great job on the Yoga. I bow to you. (My fav workout)

Namaste.

Viper said...

the sot? well, I've been called worse things. glad you enjored the girly workout.

Meg said...

Sounds like a great class! Glad you like it!

X-Country2 said...

I don't think I could name a single Roman emperor. Nebraska pubic school's finest!

chia said...

You crack me up. I love you :-)

Brain things aren't happening for me today, maybe later? Hrm...

aron said...

I just cant get into yoga... I get bored 5 minutes in :)

Christy said...

I love yoga, but not the yoga where the instructors get all spiritual on you. I go to yoga for the strength and stretching, not for spiritual enlightenment. It's always hard to find the perfect instructor...

glad you liked it!