Friday, 6 March 2009

Potpourri

In honor of the fact that it appears I haven't bullied Razz into leaving Blogland, here's some bullety goodness for you.
  • I haven't run in five days.
  • I have a half marathon to run next weekend.
  • The former is not helping me look forward to the latter.
  • Term is over at the end of next week and it seems like I'm the only one not going somewhere fun over the break.
  • Instead I get to spend those six weeks catching up on badly overdue work.
  • I know I should stop complaining, but this is my blog so suck it.
  • I'm sorry I told you to suck it. Please don't leave Blogland because of that.
  • Yes I have a horrendous guilt complex. It's made worse with lack of sleep, poor nutrition and no running.
  • Again, not looking forward to that half marathon next weekend.
To end on a much lighter note, here are a few things I've come across on the interwebs that made me laugh.

Check out this brief news story on Dlisted of Val Kilmer hosting a Mardi Gras parade. I laughed so hard I choked. But then again I'm a bad person, so that's to be expected.

Then there's these two photos courtesy of the Fail blog.
I'm not usually interested in football, but this is freaking fabulous.


Ladies, this one's a keeper, isn't he?

All right, folks, that's it for me. Have a great weekend.

19 comments:

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

I know I should stop complaining, but ... suck it.
I'm sorry I told you to suck it.


Too late! Even you, Xenia, aren't magical enuf to unhurt my feelings!

But that eHarmony graphic was funny enough that, okay, I forgive you.

Stop complaining and start running, sister!

And just for informational purposes, what "it", exactly, were you proposing we "suck"? Because if you accidentally left a "t" off "it", count me IN, sister!1!

RazZDoodle said...

Suck it? I'm quitting.

Xenia said...

Glaven--That was a generic 'it'. It absolutely does not refer to any part of my person.

Razz--Cry baby. ;)

tfh said...

Siiigh. You already are "somewhere fun" compared to most of us. In fact, I'm in an office where I just discovered we're blocked from accessing Dlisted.

As for your guilt complex, the fact that I am in possession of a Popener brightens even my darkest hours (like not being able to access Dlisted).

Heather said...

Just try to think of the five days off as a nice taper for your half marathon!

Love the football pic.

Viper said...

I hate how eHarmony has such high standards of what is and is not acceptable.

X-Country2 said...

I love how you're the BMOC around blog land. :o)

The Laminator said...

I don't know why you're complaining...the period of no running before a half/full is called tapering...i'm sure you've heard of it.

LOL at all your interweb findings.

Count of Monte Christo said...

I wouldn't be too worried about the half marathon in a week!
You'll be fine.

Having never done anything more than 17 K in my life, I'll do more suffering on my run than you on yours ;-)

Roisin said...

That eHarmony one is AMAZING. Simply, amazing. Glorious even.

Stay in Blogland!! And...good luck next weekend. Maybe just try to take it slowly if you can't get in any good runs before?

chia said...

So, do you have that dude's phone number? I'm just asking... for a friend. Ya.

You're going to do fantabulously at that 1/2... if it makes you feel any better I'll pull a 13 miler here at 4 a.m. as well so I can still run it with you ;-).

Carly said...

I started giggling when I read suck it. It is the greatest line ever.

joyRuN said...

@tfh - GASP! Rubbing the Popener in the faces of those whose feelings have been hurt by Xenia's callous disregard??!?

Oh, dear Xenia. The guilt complex - are you my long lost twin?

aron said...

you are just tapering right?? :)

have a great weekend!

Jamie said...

just a little taper, nothing to worry about :) love those interweb finds!

Ms. V. said...

Val's 5,000 calorie beef stick.

Heh.

Taper away...

Cowboy Hazel said...

Good luck on the Half! And, thanks for the hilarious photos. I need to check Fail Blog out more often. (Actually, I probably shouldn't... I'll never get anything done.)

Blyfinn said...

I think you will do good in your half marathon. If you feel like you're starting to struggle just suck it.

carpe viam said...

The problem with tapering is that you feel guilty for tapering! ;) Take it easy, Xenia.