Friday, 17 April 2009

Holiday, celebrate

Running has been pretty good lately with the exception of the sucky English weather. I squeezed in another run yesterday with Canadia, but we had to take a short walk break in the middle because I was bitch-slapped with shin splints again. I did end up getting orthopedic inserts for my shoes a few weeks back and they’ve been working out really well for me. I guess that particular pair of shoes is giving up the ghost though which is depressing since they haven’t quite reached 300 miles yet. Poopsicles.

I’m hoping to get in another quick run early tomorrow morning before I head off for the weekend. I’ll be at the wheel of a rental car again, so this is fair warning to all the Brits I meet on the M6 tomorrow. The last thing I have on my to-do list for today is to make a sign for the back window of the car that says ‘I’m sorry, I’m foreign.’

And for anyone who is of the orthodox persuasion, happy Easter this weekend. Unfortunately, the celebration I’m attending this weekend is not of the Greek variety, so no lambs on spits, no cracking red-dyed eggs, and no eating mounds of delicious Greek food until I’m in a coma. However, Viper kindly left me a link to an amusing video which I’ve embedded below. My favorite part is the comment section below the video on the YouTube page. Greeks, they’re not happy unless they’re bitching about something.

Please to enjoy, everyone. (Thanks, lush.)



Have a great weekend, everybody.

21 comments:

X-Country2 said...

My first car was a stick shift, and I seriously wanted to put a sign in the back that said, "I'm 16 and learning to drive a stick shift. BACK OFF."

Have a great weekend!

tfh said...

Have fun this weekend! We need to do that sign thing. When you're alert, it's easy to remember, but sometimes on long car trips Mr TFH will get tired and I wake up to find us cruising along in the left lane. That's always fun. Be safe!

tfh said...

(I guess it doesn't sound so bad if I don't mention that it's happened on non-divided highways...)

Roisin said...

Christos Anesti!

I have no idea if I spelled that correctly but I know that I know what I'm saying SOUNDS correct. And I'm having a lamb craving....

Lily on the Road said...

Ευτυχές Πάσχα

Have a great weekend *wink, wink*

Jamie said...

Have a great weekend! Good luck w/ the rental and getting around.

Heather said...

My shoes tend to crap out around 300 miles too. Pretty sure it's a conspiracy. Have a good weekend!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

PoopsiclesLanguage, sister, language! There's really no need for this kind of potty-keyboard!

Enjoy your weekend, sister! Don't grill-slap any Brits with your car!

Unless you see Tony Blair. Man, AIM for him if you get the chance!

Carolina John said...

that's a funny vid. have a great weekend, xenia!

joyRuN said...

Safe travels & have a great weekend :)

I wanna get a Spiro for my kids!!!

MissAllycat said...

My most recent pair of shoes also crapped out before 300 miles. Bah.

Drive safely. :)

MCM Mama said...

Have a great weekend! Drive safely!

Count of Monte Christo said...

A date with a load of Brits sound pretty good for an average Saturday. Have a great run and take care of those shins.

Marcy said...

Have a fabulous weekend chica!

I'm with Joy, I want a Spiro just to beat it in the head and traumatize the children LOL

Run For Life said...

Haha, I loved the video that was awesome.

Have a great weekend. :)

Irish Cream said...

I like the sign idea . . . I think I need to get one for when I drive back home that says, "I'm sorry, I've lived in NYC for 5 years now and only semi-remember how to drive."

Have a great weekend!

Ms. V. said...

Ha!

M2Marathon said...

oh I laughed so hard at that video...and then another one on youtube called "Successful People is Greek" and it lauged even harder!!! Have a great trip and drive safely!

raulgonemobile said...

Have a good weekend, and drive like you own the place!

Merry said...

I only know the Russian version, which sounds like Kristos Vas Kressie!That doesn't sound Greek enough. Maybe I should add verisimilitude: Baklava! Ouzo! Eureka!Oh all right. I'll say it in American: Happy Easter!

Viper said...

Glad I could make your blogging life easier. Cheers.