Friday, 3 April 2009

My achy breaky body parts

Just to clear up any confusion remaining from the last post—the whole thing was a joke. There was no doctor’s appointment, no pregnancy scare, nothing. It was all the creation of my overactive imagination. Except for the lack of speed and me feeling rundown. That actually was true.

I’ve run only twice this week for a total of 6 miles. Stellar, no? I did manage to attend several classes at the gym, but as with the preceding weeks, my energy levels are completely depleted by Thursday morning so I’ve done sod all since then. It doesn’t help that the muscles in my butt and upper thighs are screaming today. Body Conditioning class on Wednesday night really did a number on me. Also, my upper back is experiencing some discomfort too. I’m not sure if it’s the result of the strength training or if I’m sleeping in a bad position or what, but I don’t like it. I feel like one big blobby bruise right now. Bleh.

And because I’ve just been such a Debbie Downer, let me end this post with something funny. If you missed it, this was Fail Blog’s April Fools post and a nice compliment to Carpe Viam’s post from last week.


Have a great weekend, everyone.

20 comments:

joyRuN said...

First?

joyRuN said...

Sweet!!

Sounds like you got some solid cross training in, which is a good break from all this runrunrunrunrunrut.

Mmmmm.... bacon....

Marcy said...

LOL Ooohhhh man I could grease my legs up with that and stick em on a frying pan :P

As far as your energy goes . . .it's just gonna get worse. It's PMS time baby!! We can bitch to each other :P

Roisin said...

I did see that on Failblog...amusing, and yet, really gross all at the same time!

Ace said...

Keep on keepin' on! The lubricant surely is a complement to this as well.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/squeez-bacon.html

RazZDoodle said...

My weekend can start now that you've mentioned your screaming butt.

Jamie said...

Well bacon does make anything better I guess :) Nice job with the cross-training. hope your feeling better soon!

Ms. V. said...

I love bacon. Every day.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Hey, Pneumatic Xenia, I'm sitting here reading your list of ailments and it hits me!

Did it ever occur to you that your problem might be ... you're pregnant?

This would be great news because it means you've actually managed to find a non-gay male in Great Britain! Or you pulled a Liza and got a gay one to service you anyway!

In either case, kudos to you! Did you lure the unsuspecting Gay Male Brit to your goodies with that bacon lube? Then ... the old Switcheroo! Just like in Shakespeare!

Man, you think you're pneumatic now, wait'll your girl udders start filling up with the old Moo-Juice!

Congratulations!

Count of Monte Christo said...

Take care of yourself and enjoy the weekend without all too much physical activity.

And eehhrrmmm... Baconlube?!

Ok,...

tfh said...

Wait, you're pregnant?

Har, har, har. Anyway, I don't attend gym classes for that very reason: they make me sore. Anyway, hope you re-energize over the weekend and are back to being Xunshine Xenia on Monday.

Run For Life said...

I hate when I feel all achy, hope it goes away soon.

That bacon lube fail is hilarious!

Calyx Meredith said...

Wow - you write a post that includes a reference to your butt screaming and Glaven says nothing about that? I think somebody oughta go to NJ and look for the pod! Hope you're screaming body parts settle down to mere whimpering soon. Have a great weekend.

carpeviam said...

April Fool's joke? The bacon lube seems to work pretty well for K and I. ;)

And, screaming butt muscles? Are there exercises for my boobs, so THEY can scream? They need some work...

X-Country2 said...

Pretty sure I dated a guy once who would have been all over that bacon lube straight out of the bottle.

Ted said...

Where can I get the baconlube? My dog, Starbuck, would be licking all over my legs.

Marci said...

Hope you find your groove soon Xenia!
Rubbing that bacon lube on may invite some interesting visitors!

Lily on the Road said...

You can't go full out all the time, you'll be okay.

OMG, I just read Marci, tooooo funnnyyyyyy! but maybe try it, what the heck

LMAO!!

Crabby McSlacker said...

I'm not quite sure I can recover from reading about bacon lube at 7 in the morning, even if it is just a joke. Ewwwww.....

Hope the blobby bruise feeling is gone now, or at least getting better.

Carolina John said...

6 miles? come on now. buck up, it's a new week. baconlube? too funny. it's the new body glide.