Friday, 29 May 2009

ASSessing the situation

I managed to acquire some balls which I could rub my ass on. It hurts like a mo-fo when I do it, but I know it’s good for me so I keep on grinding against them.

Er....let me rephrase that.

My butt and hamstring pain is almost gone now thanks to the help of tennis ball therapy. Thank you all for suggesting it. I feel much better now. Although if it comes back, Dr. Nic has kindly offered to rub it out for me should I find myself in the Wisconsin area. Dude, your wife is totally going to meat punch you for that. Crossing my fingers that someone catches this event on video. :)

Since I’m feeling better I finally got in Baby Tempo run #3 last night. This time around I didn’t run it like a bat out of hell. Instead I made sure I was pushing myself and breathing harder but not to the point where I felt like I was going to lose a lung. I ended up running 1.4 miles in 13:14 which equates to a 9:27 pace. Huzzah! I am super happy with this and hope next week’s tempo distance of 1.8 miles goes just as smoothly.

Annual event
Tomorrow is my big sister’s birthday. Happy birthday, Z! Instead of writing a sappy post about this, I’ll just direct you to the one I wrote for her last year. See, I’m recycling. This is good.

What most of you don’t know though is that tomorrow is also my half birthday. Happy half birthday to me! Where are my presents, biotches? Actually I’d murder someone for a York Peppermint Pattie right about now. I dreamed of them last night for some strange reason and now I’m craving one. Not surprisingly they don’t sell them in this country. Bah.

All right, folks, time for me to get back to my extra long day of work. The only bright spot for me is late this evening when I meet up with friends at the pub. I can’t wait.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

22 comments:

Count of Monte Christo said...

Happy Half B-day!

Have a great one and enjoy the pub.

Btw, thanks for the rephrase of the first paragraph. ;-)

joyRuN said...

What's wrong with the @$$-grinding against tennis ball? No need to rephrase.

Happy birthday to Z! And half birthday to YOU :)

I could send you a bag of peppermint patties you know. But how does the UK NOT carry a product beginning with "York"?

Jamie said...

Glad you found some balls to rub your ass down :)

Happy 1/2 b-day to you and full b-day to Z!

BTW would this be the wrong time to tell you I threw away york pp's b/c I can't stand them?

Jamoosh said...

I bought you a York Peppermint Pattie for your half birthday and saved you half.


But then I ate it. Remember, it's the thought...

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

I saw this post go up (that's what SHE said) while I was writing mine at home. And I said, "Hie thee, G, yonder and be'st thou the first thereupon to append an hilarious comment!"

But it took so long to say that that the dude with the coffeepot avatar had already beaten me here so I just went away disheartened and decided I'd post a comment when I got to work.

So now here I am at work and I'm third (at best, depending on how long this takes me to write) and I see that the amazing, re-appearing toyBuNz has beaten me (hurt me!) too and moreover has asked the same York-based rhetorical question I was going to ask.

See what happens when Teh Marcy abandons us? We're left with f*ckin' anarchy! Well, most of us. You, Xenia, will be left with f*ckin Dr. Nic once he gets his hands on your @$$ because he's one smooove operator and you'll be putty in his hands.

But you'll hate yourself for it roughly 45 seconds later.

You'd be better off sticking with the tennis balls because they actually have more intellectual depth. Not to mention more staying power.

O, great - so now I'm like fifth!

F*ckin Anarchy!

RunningLaur said...

Yay for ass healing and run #3.

When I was in living in England I had the fiance send me York Peppermint Patties (I'm originally from York, PA, the original home of YPPs) and Old Bay seasoning (since British food needed flavor). He was a life saver.

RazZDoodle said...

1/2 birthday? what are you, 7?

Happy 35.5!

Xenia said...

Jamie--You just broke my heart. :( JK! But not really.

Razz--Thanks for aging me an extra half decade. Douche.

Jess said...

Happy half b-day! Perhaps you deserve half of your sisters loot?

Carolina John said...

Glaven is the most deserving of a meat punch. always.

have a great weekend! we've got a birthday around here too.

Lauren said...

Glaven stayed away from the balls/ass comments? What's going on in the world. It must be anarchy.

My half birthday is on my mom's actual birthday, although I stopped celebrating those about the same time I stopped being excited to get older. Happy half birthday!

lifestudent said...

Saw your comment on 21 days. Im also in midst of not doing my dissertation and had my first academic publication come out in January :) Looks like we have a bit in common...

raulgonemobile said...

Have a great half bday, night at the pub, and a good weekend to top it off..

theloosemoose said...

Happy Almost Half Birthday!

I hope you get lots of York Peppermint Patties - although they can't hold a candle to a little balls-on-the-ass action.

Viper said...

Will you actually drink an alcoholic beverage at the pub?

I'm not wishing you a happy birthday because you didn't wish me one, so there.

Why don't you head down to York. Isn't that where they come from? No?

Happy weekend. Cheers.

Mike said...

I bought you a half-present for your half-birthday.

Then I half-sent it.

carpeviam said...

I'm right there with you on the "pain in the ass." Mine is unfortunately coming back after I dealt with it in the fall. I frequent the chiro and use a foam roller for the lateral part of my thigh (from knee to hip) since that's also where it pulls. Never tried the tennis balls, but I'm going to now!

Merry said...

Happy Half-Birthday to You
Happy Half-Birthday to You
Happy Half-BIRTHday dear XENia
Happy Half-Birthday to YouuuoooooOoops. Think I overdid the high note at the end. Here, half a virtual half-pint to make up for that broken glass.

Lily on the Road said...

The comments are cracking me up, therefore, I have nothing to add ~ well other than happy half!

Scope Dope Cherrybomb said...

Happy half-birthday Zenia. I know two CBs,not too too far away,who would be happy to sit in the pub with you. Unfortunately one of them is going home on Tuesday. maybe she would send you some YPPs. I might too. You never know. Have a great weekend.

Ted said...

Hope you had a good weekend especially at the pub. Happy Belated Birthday to Z and hmm whatever you meant.. half birthday. Hope you had a good half birthday.

Now get busy with those tennis balls!

Marcy said...

Happy B-Day all around! Halves and fulls LOL

Dr Nic knows how to work his magic, right G? He's got us all under his spell. You, me, Teh Bride, G who is next?