Friday, 1 May 2009

Down to the wire

Okay, folks, we have ourselves a dilemma. There’s no clear winner for the humiliation challenge. Razz and I both reached our goal 4 out of 5 weeks so, if we were being graded, that would equate to 80% or a B-. XC2, whose goal was different from ours, scored a B- too. So apparently we have a three-way tie.

F*ck ties. There can be only one winner here. It’s like Highlander, except we don’t attempt to chop each others heads off. Well, at least not yet.

So, as per our half-assed rules, we’re going to leave it up to you, the readers, to decide the winner of this competition. Not only does the winner get general bragging rights, they also get to write a post on the loser’s blog. We’re still not sure if the winner has to post on the blogs of both the 2nd and 3rd place finishers, so I guess we’ll leave that up to you too. Frankly, we’re all busy people so I figure just having the winner post on the last place finisher’s blog is sufficient. But this then requires that you guys determine all three finishing places for us, not just that of the winner.

I know, I know, it’s all so complicated. This is what we get for not specifying all the rules in the first place. Our bad.

So anyway, there is a poll below that we need you all to fill in. Please choose who you believe deserves first place in the humiliation challenge. The last place finisher will be determined by the person with the least amount of votes. This prevents you all from having to deal with three separate polls.

To be absolutely fair, I should confess that I had said I would run four times and at least 17 miles per week. One of my 17 mile weeks was completed with only three runs. Having said that, Razz had one week where he ran only once and for a measly three miles. *cough*pansy*cough*. XC2, though not having kept to her specific WaP goals, managed to run more miles than Razz and I combined pretty much every week. Then again, the competition was never about who logged more miles.

Yes, I know I’m complicating matters even more, but I’m trying to be fair here which is difficult for me since I hate losing. Cut me some slack.

Yeah, so please go ahead and vote now. I’ll tally all this crap on Sunday night and we’ll post the results on Monday. Thanks in advance for helping us out.



In other news...
Thank you all for your sympathy concerning my hellish day on Monday. To clarify, all that trouble was just to get into the ballot for the London marathon. I don't find out whether or not I secured an actual place in the marathon until October, six long months from now.

The English are sadistic bastards.
- - - - - - - - - -

In an effort to keep up my momentum from the humiliation challenge, I’m officially declaring May to be Hello Kitty Sticker Month!

Let me explain...

Every time I run or workout in some fashion, I put a sticker on my wall calendar. I’ve been doing this for ages now. Last year, my friend Ellen sent me some fun stickers to replace the generic ones I’d been using. I’ve now started on the last packet she gave me and it just so happens to be Hello Kitty. I’ve got 29 stickers left, so my goal is to exercise 29 days this month. That gives me only two days of total slackitude, but that’s all right. This will be a great way for me to start re-incorporating all those long walks I used to take in the park and Port Meadow—a great way to unwind and get some perspective on the day. As long as I do thirty minutes of any kind of intentional exercise, I get a sticker for that day.

This is also great incentive for me to finally look into getting a bike. Since the weather has improved exponentially here, I’ve been thinking again of my goal of cycling to Blenheim Palace. There are plenty of bike paths in the area too so a bike would be well worth the expense and it’d help me get in some much needed non-gym cross training. Having said all that, I should probably wait until mid June and the end of term when people who are finishing up will be trying to get rid of their bikes, but I think we all know how little patience I have. Waiting is probably not an option for me. Eh, we’ll see.

Okay, that’s more than enough yammering from me. I hope you all are enjoying this fine May Day. May spring smile down upon all of you today. Or at least not throw buckets of rain on you.

And please stop by XC2's blog to wish her good luck as she's running the Lincoln marathon on Sunday.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

25 comments:

Jamoosh said...

I can't vote. All seriousness aside:

Nobody wins! You're all losers. If you would have named it the "Biggest Loser" then perhaps one of you would have come out on top.

OR

Nobody loses! You all have Humiliated yourselves during this challenge so funk it - it's a tie. Deal with it.

Damn, I think I woke up on the wrong side of bed today.

:-)

FLATOUT JIM said...

I think it's time for this game to go into overtime.

Up the challenge to 7 days a week, and 30 miles, and see who cracks first.

Last one standing wins.

Jess said...

I would suggest arm wrestling for winner, but because of the geograpphic distance, that may be a troublesome way to resolve the problem. Huh. Is there a way to virtually arm wrestle?

joyRuN said...

Hello Kitty is experiencing quite the resurgence on the running blogosphere, or is it just me? I'm wondering how p*$$ed my daughter would be if I abscond with any one of her HK paraphernalia.

I like Flatout Jim's idea - a sudden death resolution to the tie.

Have a great weekend!

Marcy said...

OOhhhh Highlander! HAHAHHAA I watched that movie last week (seriously like what's up with tv? They don't have anything better on during the afternoon?) I couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous Sean Connery looked. And of course Pet Cemetery II dad always gives me the creeps.

Anyway, I say OT baby!

Nitmos said...

I voted for XC2 but just because she's never made fun of me on her blog (as far as I know.)

See how that works?

MCM Mama said...

LOL at the stickers! Hope your "sticker chart" motivates you more than they do my kids. ;o)

tfh said...

It looks to me like you and XC2 are going to have to do a joint post on Razz's blog. And maybe he should send you both some Oikos coupons to boot.

raulgonemobile said...

Highlander! Haven't seen any of that stuff in a while..

Yeah, I think there should be some sort of sudden death, with some clear cut criteria, so that it's easier to judge. But, I went out and cast my vote.

Have a good weekend

Count of Monte Christo said...

Judging by the outcome of the poll so far, you are heading towards being Connor MacLeod in that classic of classics.

Excellent challenge, and indeed, there can be only one.

Carolina John said...

you're all winners!

Jamie said...

I love Highlander :)

glad to hear the sticker chart is a motivator for you. that never worked when I was a nanny. maybe I didn't have the right stickers...

Jamie said...

I love Highlander :)

glad to hear the sticker chart is a motivator for you. that never worked when I was a nanny. maybe I didn't have the right stickers...

Vanilla said...

Well, I'm certainly not voting for someone who recently posted slanderous pictures of me, and I enjoy seeing Raz tortured so I guess XC2 is the winner in my books.

Although knowing Raz he would probably just be glad to have a new post up at his blog without taking the effort to write it himself.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Since your rules were too complicated for me to follow, I did what I always do and voted for the one with the biggest t*ts.

So ... Congratulations to Razz!

Viper said...

I think Razz called it first on XC2's blog. It's like "shot gun." He gets my vote.

Cheers.

carpeviam said...

The suspense is killing me. I can't wait till Monday to see results.

Is this like American Idol where I can keep voting over and over and totally skew the results? That would be fun.

Well, regardless, you're all winners in my book. Gag. ;)

Roisin said...

I'm voting for you, but I'm biased. It's okay because I live in Chicago and that's how we vote.

Heather said...

Happy Hello Kitty Sticker Month! I just bought a new bike . . . now I need my husband to get his act together and put the bike seat on for my daughter so I can actually ride it!

Spike said...

I didn't vote for you, but I love your blog, so that makes you a winner in my book.

RazZDoodle said...

It pains me to say this, but Vanilla hit it on the nose. Less work for me is always a good thing. Maybe the "winner's" writing will be so prophetic that Oikos will email me with more coupons back and I could get tfh off my ass. :)

I lose = I have blog material
I win = I have blog material

theloosemoose said...

Did you really just admit to having a three-way with Razz and
XC2?

That's hot.

Ms. V. said...

you.

Calyx Meredith said...

Oh, I love Highlander and Hello Kitty! (Although not necessarily in any combination with each other.) In other news, I so voted for you. I know the idea of a tie is a drag, but maybe you should each get to guest post on each other's blogs since it was so close. (That said - Good Luck!)

Scope Dope Cherrybomb said...

Oh Zenia I think you're terrific and I admire all you have accomplished in running but alas I didn't vote for you. So sorry. LOL Have a better week.