Friday, 12 June 2009

Friday? Really?

Where the hell did the week go? Lordy...

So I’ve managed to get in a little bit of running this week. Monday night I ran the delayed 8 miler and, well, that’s kinda been it. Today after work I plan on running baby tempo run #5. You’ll all have to wait breathlessly until Monday to see if I complete it successfully.

I can feel the collective internet indifference from here and it’s heart-warming.

In other random news, I appear to have introduced a couple of English men to the word douchebag. (Editor’s note: I didn’t use the term in reference to them, but to a non-present third party.) Surprisingly douchebag is not a common word in the British vocabulary so we had an extensive discussion concerning its meaning, proper usage and my truncation of it into the simplified ‘douche’. Good times.

Finally, in honor of the recently retired Marcy, I thought I’d post about a new trashtastic internet find. As I was amusing myself with the pics at Fail Blog, I found a link to This Is Photobomb and some rather disturbing images. Particularly this one. Amazingly, I’m a wee bit too prudish to re-post the photo here. (Editor’s note: See, Mom, I actually do have some standards. Aren’t ya proud?)

I can’t believe that guy thought that was a good idea. I mean, I know it's not exactly a roller coaster, but those kind of amusement park rides often still scare people. What happens if that girl gets startled and accidentally bites down? Bye-bye Mr. Trouser Snake.

On that utterly disturbing note, I’d like to wish everyone a great weekend and good luck to all racers.

Later gators.

22 comments:

FLATOUT JIM said...

Hil F_KING arious.

Trashtastic no doubt. Excellent for a chuckle this morning.

I never met "THIS ONE" girls when I was growing up.

I haven't heard the word doudhebag in about 20 years. Have to resurect it.

RazZDoodle said...

Holy lord.

"I can feel the collective internet indifference from here and it’s heart-warming."

I may have to steal that. It seems to be a trend these days.

Have a good weekend.

Blyfinn said...

Great pics. Thanks for the Friday laugh. Good luck with the tempo run.

Jess said...

My lord, that is risky! But i think most men are willing to accept a great deal of risk in order to get a BJ.

Good luck with your tempo run!

Carolina John said...

haha, those are great! i can't believe you have standards.

Marcy said...

Sweet baby J!! OMG HAHAHAHA! Maybe she had no teef?!? I mean, she did want to give the man a BJ on a roller coaster. She does fit "that" profile of being one with no teef LOL

Kristina said...

I love you I don't even have to click the link if I just keep reading. And yet, I can't stop myself...

MCM Mama said...

LOL. Like I needed another way to waste time...

Have a nice weekend.

tfh said...

Well, so does this mean Brits don't douche, or those who do have managed to keep the practice a secret from the menfolk?

Love that photo. I agree with you about the accidental bite. It would have been much safer to do this on one of the benches on the merry-go-round.

Vanilla said...

Thanks to the link to This Is Photobomb. There's some funny stuff there.

As for the rollercoaster picture, I'm sure they did that just for the souvenir picture.

X-Country2 said...

Look at you keeping up international relations! US represent! Make sure they know you can use "D-Bag" for formal settings. Got to keep it classy.

Viper said...

Yeah, it's worth the risk, especially when there's photo evidence.

Way to open up a whole new world for those limeys, a whole new world of douche. Douche. Douche bag. Douche nozzle. Douche bucket. Douche-o-rama!

Jamie said...

OMG that is seriously not right...
Way to open the world to douchebags :)

Roisin said...

I'm too terrified to look, but I do love Fail Blog.

It's funny because I introduced "douchebag" to my cousins in Ireland last year and it was met with confusion. Maybe you explain things better than me?

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Wait. "Douchebag" is something other than a meaningless insult?

BJs on roller coasters are always worth it because if the girl vomits, you can always claim it was because you were, ahem, too big for her.

And if someone gets a picture of it, you could end up on FAIL blog as "BJ FAIL".

raulgonemobile said...

LOL.. what a riot. Yeah, I couldn't stop myself. Had to go look. (Like I even tried to stop myself.)

Oh.. what a great site, that photobomb site. Pardom me while I go peruse it some more...

Mike said...

I can't believe I'm the first one to mention the classic SNL Lord and Lady Douchebag sketch.

RunningLaur said...

I just spent way too long at Photobomb. The tags to the photos are great too!

theloosemoose said...

How great is it that all commenters have completely neglected the fact that you did an 8-miler, and would rather comment on the roller coaster blow job?

"Internet indifference", indeed!!

The Laminator said...

I'm still stuck on British people saying douchebag...can't even imagine...

Hope you crushed baby tempo #5, so maybe you can graduate to toddler tempo #1 next week?

joyRuN said...

EIGHT miles - way more than I've done in about 6 freaking weeks. Good job!

And yes, I'm jealous.

Re: Photobomb - that douche finished up in the few seconds it takes to get through that ride??

Count of Monte Christo said...

Heh, Loving the trash!
Looking forward to reading about your babytempo #5 run.