Friday, 5 June 2009

Hodgepodge

It’s been a crazy week, so I’m just going to vomit out a bunch of stuff here without care for structure or coherence. Pretty much like all of Glaven’s posts, really. ;)

I’ve once again realized it’s not a good idea to run within two hours of a meal. The spicy burrito I had Monday night for dinner very badly wanted a return journey up my esophagus during my three-mile run that evening. It was so horribly uncomfortable, but I got the miles in and didn’t spew during or after so I consider that run a Win.

My running goal for June will be to run more than 62 miles, the highest monthly mileage I’ve tallied so far in 2009. This means I need to run at least 20 miles per week, a feat I have sadly yet to accomplish even once this year. :(

I haven’t run Baby Tempo run #4 yet this week. I didn’t want to repeat Monday’s painful run again last night, so I went for a four mile walk instead. I’m planning on getting the tempo run as well as a longish run in this weekend. Here’s to hoping anyway.

There seemed to be two main questions resulting from Monday’s post, so I thought I’d go ahead and answer them.

(1) Now that the Hello Kitty stickers have been used up, I’ve switched to generic cartoon animal ones I bought in a shop here last year sometime. Not as cool as Hello Kitty, but they were super cheap so it’s all good.

(2) Though my cookies looked rather unappetizing they were actually quite tasty. Friends even willingly partook and agreed they were good. They didn’t immediately rush out of the room to throw up afterward, so I believe they were being honest.

Finally, before I go, I thought I’d steal Razz’s thunder once again by posting a song that’s been playing in my head for the last two days. Thankfully I’m still enjoying it, though I probably won’t be saying that come Monday.



Have a great weekend, everyone.

24 comments:

joyRuN said...

FIRST!!!!!!!!!!

joyRuN said...

Regurgitating a burrito while running sounds nasty! So glad you were able to hold it down. Although it would've been an excellent pictorial.

Have a great weekend :)

Lily on the Road said...

not vomiting is GOOD!

EJ was just here on Monday night with Billy Joel ~ fantastic!!

Have a super duper weekend!

tfh said...

Ugh, running post-spice is painful indeed. I would be more sympathetic however if I weren't irritated at you for sticking Tiny Dancer in my head. Unfortunately ever since I saw Almost Famous, every time I hear that song I immediately see an image of Kate Hudson in my head. I hate it when movies do that to me.

MCM Mama said...

What is it with you guys and sticking songs in my head? As if I didn't already have enough stuff in there...

Jess said...

Whenever I hear that song, I think of that "Friends" episode when Phoebe misunderstands the words as "Hold me close young Tony Danza." Hilarious.

RazZDoodle said...

That's the first song I heard when KidDoodle1 was born. Still one of my favorites.

Marcy said...

I hear you on the Mexican before running. It's like "want to puke" city up in here.

I'll have to go and get you some stickers for next month. Them being of the male nude variety LOL That would be motivation, no?

Roisin said...

I used to think it was "Hold me closer, Tony Daaaaaaanza"

Viper said...

The solution to needing so much time to digest food before a run is to start eating on the run. After doing so during the 2008 Summer Solstice Challenge, the most I need is a half hour. Unless it's before a track session. Race day is still two hours though.

Have a good weekend.

Nitmos said...

I believe regurgitating is still the preferred way for it to come out during the run....if it has to come out. I've had the other happen and it is far more embarrassing.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

You kept the burrito down, which is more than your cookies were able to do with that chocolate, right? Yet you claim the cookies tasted good, despite the regurgitation?

Stands to reason - arguing by analogy here - that the regurgitated burrito woulda been yummy, too.

So you just deprived yourself of a second treat, is all.

I see you used two emoticons within the space of three paragraphs in this post, a la Teh Late Lamented Marcy (TLLM). That just made me sad.

Because I knew Teh Marcy, and YOU, Missy, are NO Teh Marcy!1! Stop stealing her schtick!

I guess now that she's killed off her blog and gone over to Teh Dark Side, though (InYerFacebook), I should start calling her Marce Vader.

Lauren said...

If you get tiny dancer stuck in my head, so help me...

Jamie said...

Mexican food before running is never a good thing. I learned that the hard way when I went to my favorite place in the city the night before a long run. ugh!

Good luck with the 62 mile month! Have a great weekend!

carpeviam said...

You should post a P.O Box so readers can send you stickers representing them or their part of the world. Just a suggestion. Could be interesting.

Carolina John said...

haha, that's a really funny post! have a great weekend. the baby tempo runs will get better.

Blyfinn said...

I can't seem to eat anywhere close to an hour before I run. Sometimes I think it's all in my head.

Robert said...

Great song. True story -- That's the only song that I've ever sang karaoke to. Oh wow, that was a funny night...

Have a good weekend. Just remember: running first, then burritos...

Ted said...

I have learned my lesson years ago not to run after eating a big burritos. My biggest mistake. I had this huge burritos from Qdoba and I ran in 90+ degrees. I don't think I need to spare any more details on this one here. You all get the picture???

Run For Life said...

Ugh, eating and running soon after never works for me either.

At least the cookies tasted good, have a great weekend! :)

chris mcpeake said...

I always try to remember to eat my burrito after the run. Nobody wants to have to eat the same burrito twice

X-Country2 said...

I need to be very strategic about my burrito consumption too. Only had to learn that lesson once. :o)

nwgdc said...

When I FINALLY BQ'd I barfed Lime Gatorade at Mile 25.5...and it sucked.
Thank GAWD they don't offer Burritos at aid stations because I Lurrrve Burritos much the way G lurrves his bicycle seat right up in his "area."
It'll come around...keep pluggin away!

Count of Monte Christo said...

My esophagus would be the least of my worries on a run two hours after a spicy burrito :-D.

Good luck on doing the 20 miles/week. I am sure that - with the improving weather - this should not be a problem.