Monday, 8 June 2009

A little bit of this, a little bit of that

Goals for this past weekend: run Baby Tempo run #4 and an LSD.

One out of two ain’t bad.

Saturday was rainy and dreary. I managed to get myself to the library to do some work and then later that evening, the clouds stopped spitting long enough for me to get my tempo run in. The tempo distance was 1.8 miles so I was shooting for under 18 minutes. I ended up with 17:38 for an average pace of 9:48. Yay! It was a nice kinda slowish tempo pace with all the mud and puddles to deal with, so I’m happy.

While Saturday was pretty productive, Sunday was the epitome of laziness. Instead of getting my 8 miler in, I crashed on the couch watching a Scrubs marathon and eating the remnants of a jar of Nutella. Wow, can we say healthy?

I had high hopes of getting in those missed miles this morning (Kristina, do I get points for alliteration too?), but Mother Nature had other plans for me. I woke up later than intended and in pain. I finally dragged my energy-depleted carcass into the department to try to work. The last of my Advil supply has thankfully kicked in and I’ve got a hot water bottle hidden underneath my oversized hooded sweatshirt, so now I’m all good. I look and feel pregnant, but it’s still all good.

What I’m most surprised at is my lack of rage. Usually around this time is when I want to rip people’s heads off and use them as bowling balls, but instead I’m pretty okay. Tired, but at peace. Huh, who knew that could happen?

All right, folks, that’s it from me. Hope you all had a great weekend. Catch up with you when I can.

Later gators.

24 comments:

The Laminator said...

We do what we can...I know exactly how you feel. One workout this weekend is better than none. Good job with the tempo running. Have a great week, Xenia!

Jess said...

Nice job getting the tempo run done! Hope the Advil and hot water bottle help!

Roisin said...

Yeah tempo run!!! Good work with that, especially considering the puddles and nonsense like that. It's hard to run fast and dodge things at the same time. I hope you're feeling a bit better...the weather is pretty yucky here too.

tfh said...

Scrutella sounds really good to me right now. (Lately I have an annoying tendency to combine all words. Forgive me. I mean Scrubs and Nutella, of course.)

Awww. We're synchronized. If you could only get your rage back we could go on a mean spree together.

Lily on the Road said...

Oye girl, I don't miss those "mother nature" moments one bit...but good job on Saturday...

from everything I've heard "Nutella" is suppose to be healthy! LOL

X-Country2 said...

You're doing so good on those tempo runs! I need your motivation. :o)

carpeviam said...

I love Nutella. And, I'm glad your feeling abnormally peaceful this month.

Good job on the run!

Marcy said...

What? Nutella is not healthy? Of course it is ;-)

I had the same weekend except Sat/Sun switched. Sat I did nothing and Sun went out for my 8 miler LOL.

nwgdc said...

N is for Naturally
U is for Unbelievably Tasty
T is for Truly Good for you
E is for Environmentally Friendly
L is for Lovely Texture
L is for Liver Detoxificating
A is for Absolutely Awesome

(even some alliteration in there too :)

Viper said...

How about I give you points for ASSonance?

With that one-out-of-two attitude, it's amazing you got so far in school.

Cheers.

Jamie said...

I did the same as you but switched too. 1 is better than none!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Whoa! You managed to allude to what time of the month it is for you instead of get all lemme-hit-em-over-teh-head-with-it detailed and obvious!

I DON'T CARE FOR IT!1!

This kinder, gentler, post-Marcy blogosphere sux!

WHERE'S THE RAGE?!1?

I PAID FOR RAAAAAAGGGGGE!1!!

Okay, I'm off now to have my anus probed.

If I had more time, I'd tell you what

D.
R.

N.
I.
C.

stands for but all I can say right now is the N,I.C. stands for "N*ts@ck In Crisis".

Lauren said...

My old roommate introduced me to Nutella. I can't buy the stuff because I inevitably end up on the couch eating it with a spoon watching whatever marathon is on TV. I think watching a scrubs marathon counts for marathon training, right?

raulgonemobile said...

Good job getting one out of two... way better than me.. I phoned it in the whole weekend. (I have no 'mother nature' style of excuse, though.)

Carolina John said...

LMAO at glaven and dr nic.

you will eventually get an entire workout done. hang in there.

Kristina said...

Double points: "had high hopes" and "missed miles this morning." And extra credit for the Nutella love.

theloosemoose said...

Advil + Nutella = Miraculous.

I would gladly chow down on a casserole of those two tasty ingredients.

MCM Mama said...

Good job on the tempo. Ugh for the lovely mother nature visit. I only wish I could have missed out on the RAGE here this month. Sigh.

Not BCB said...

Look, girlie, if you don't quit this exercising-and-blogging-about-it stuff, you're going to give me a serious Guilt attack about my blog slacktitude.

Blyfinn said...

I wish I could do temp runs. Hopefully soon. Great job with the motivation.

joyRuN said...

What? Really? I'm on the same schedule now too. But my womanly torture-fest comes every THREE F*CKING WEEKS, so I can't help but get enraged on a very regular basis. Because a 21-day cycle is just not fair.

Nitmos said...

Did you say LSD? Is that the 1 out of 2 you did? I thought LSD made your brain bleed and cause you to see pyschedelic things?

Ted said...

Hmmm... I have to try the Nutella someday !

I am surprised that you don't feel the urge to rip people's head off and use them as a bowling ball.

Get some rest.

Count of Monte Christo said...

Nutella is what makes life worth living. Could your lack of rage be chocolate-induced?

Enjoy the lazy times and get re-charged. Are there any races coming up any time soon? The are usually an annoyingly good way to keep motivated.

Hope you have a great week.