Thursday, 4 June 2009

My homie

The day has arrived--Marcy is retiring. Biotch has also turned 30 today. Welcome to the dark side, my friend.

It's a sad day for me and apparently the whole of blogdom since Marcy's internet reach stretched far and wide. Marcy was the first female RBF I followed when I started blogging almost two years ago. I should probably thank Vanilla since I found her through his blog. However, he also exposed me to these jokers, so I think we've broken even.

So head on over to her blog today to wish her well and weep uncontrollably. Surprisingly I'm not weepy myself but that's only because I still get to stalk homegirl on FB. Don't even think about unfriending me, Marcy, because I'll track your ghetto ass down. :)

Marcy, thank you for being the cool, trash-talking Scarecrow to my ornery, bumbling Dorothy. It's been a blast. I hope someday we actually get to meet each other face to face. It would be quite fitting if we could do so somewhere with a yellow brick road.

Have a great day, birthday girl. You definitely deserve it.

24 comments:

joyRuN said...

FIRST!!!

joyRuN said...

I'd be a miserable mess if it weren't for the comfort of knowing that Marcy's on FB.

Plus she posted pics of her new digs. How hard can it be to find that house? Maine's pretty tiny, right?

Count of Monte Christo said...

It's sad to see Marcy leave. Good good-bye post and good to hear you will keep in touch with her.

Carolina John said...

i hate it too. but at least we still have facebook.

Marcy said...

Thanks chica!! I lurves you too :-* Vanilla has been the the shiz when it comes to new readers. I think he should swap my blog off the Holy Grail list and put yours up there ;-)

Lily on the Road said...

Oh ya, beat me to writing the testimonial blog to the Queen of all things Trashtastic!!!

LOL, Well, I might just write one anyway !! LMAO....

Jess said...

I think we'll all miss her. *Sniff*

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Nice tribute, X!

I already miss Teh Teh Teh Marcy! (I give her THREE "Teh"s because in her comment she gives Mr. Vanilla two and she should have more Tehs in her n*ts@ck than he has in his. But three? That's just weird! So there's that, too.)

InYerFacebook? What teh hells is that?

tfh said...

My resistance to getting on FB is further crumbling...

Nitmos said...

You can resurrect Marcy with another of you 5 part parodies. Maybe Marcy is the Ghost of Blog Past.

Viper said...

Touching ... stop it.

Blyfinn said...

She will be missed. I always related to her parent frustration humor.

Jamie said...

i just can't talk about it anymore. but agree that a little can still be found in the FB stalking ;)

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie said...

"a little comfort" Man I'm so upset I can't even type properly.

Vanilla said...

Hey, if I have to put up with those jokers, then you do to.

raulgonemobile said...

LOL at tfh's comment.. yeah, it's inevitable..

I too get to stalk her on FB, so that's cool at least. The minor bright spot of this whole her-leaving-thing.

Ms. V. said...

That was really sweet.

Roisin said...

I know...today is a sad day. I just don't know what to do with myself, really :(

The Running Knitter said...

Loved this post. We will all miss her!

RazZDoodle said...

I'm going to translate "jokers" to mean: "insanely hot, but completely unattainable."

At least, in MY case that is.

Ted said...

No question. I am going to miss her. It is like a huge void in the running blogsphere. It is understandable that she needs to move on. However, I do hope that there will be a light at the end of tunnel with a new blog by Marcy in the near future. Who knows?

MCM Mama said...

LOL at the Oz reference. That was the first time I ever read your blog (and I believe I got here through Marcy). What are we going to do without that girl? Thank goodness we can all hang with her on facebook!

Robert James Reese said...

A sad day indeed. Marcy's blog always gave me a good chuckle. I love the trash-tastic photos and the references to meat-punching. (Not that I loved the meat-punch itself -- I think that's a horrible horrible thing -- but it's a funny word.) You'll have to carry on the torch... :-)