Monday, 1 June 2009

Tally-ho

Did somebody just call me a ho?! Oh, wait, I wrote that. Never mind then.

So way back on the first day of May, I declared that month to be Hello Kitty Sticker Month. To save you all from clicking on the link and reading that long-ass post, I’ll just summarize briefly here.

I put a sticker on my wall calendar for every day that I do some sort of intentional exercise. To earn a sticker, I had to do at least 30 minutes of cardio (a gym class, running or walking) or some strength training exercises (like the push-up and sit-up challenges). My goal for May was to use up the 29 remaining Hello Kitty stickers I had in my possession. So, how did I do?

Why, hello there!

I kicked ass. After my two day blip in the first full week (let’s just chalk that up to lady issues, shall we), I held strong for the rest of the month.

For June I want to kick it up a notch and have another more stringent challenge for myself in respect to both running and cross training. I’m still trying to sort that out though. If you have any ideas, let me know in the comments.

The Cock-Up Chronicles
Last night I decided to bake some oatmeal cookies for my sweet treat for the week. I made them worthwhile by adding dark chocolate chunks into the batter.

Smelling success in the air, I opened the oven door after the allotted fifteen minutes and was presented with a sight I was not quite prepared for.

My cookies had shit themselves. Almost literally.

Don’t believe me? Check out this photo.

When you’re sliding into first and you feel something burst...

Thank god I used parchment paper, the diaper of baking sheets.

For some reason, the chocolate I chose just decided to explode during the baking process. This has never happened to my friend who bakes a similar type of cookie. I apparently chose unwisely. Huh. You live and you learn, I guess.

On that lovely visual note, I hope you all have a great week ahead. Catch up with you when I can.

Later gators.

27 comments:

Count of Monte Christo said...

Way to rock a month of work-outs! I never knew Hello Kitty could be such an inspiration.

Ok, the cookies might not look like you intended them to, they still look pretty d.mn good. Anything combining fiber and chocolate is a winner from the beginning.

Have a great week.

Lily on the Road said...

Well done!! Nice Kitty Stickers!!!

bet the cookies tasted great nonetheless. HAPPY JUNE.

The Laminator said...

Wow...that's some training month. Never knew you had it in you to be so consistent. My hats off to you. Your Hello Kitty calendar kicks a$$!

Robert James Reese said...

Those cookies are hilarious. Hope they still tasted good despite their incontinence.

joyRuN said...

EXCELLENT job on Hello Kitty stickers!!

Your cookies are still better potty-trained than my daughter, dammit.

raulgonemobile said...

Damn! That's impressive..

I tend to think I'm doing better until I put all of my training into my training log. Unfortunately, I usually wait a couple of weeks, and then the month is half gone. Lots of empty spaces in my log. :(

Jess said...

May was an impressive month for you! Nice job.

I love the fact that your cookies pooped themselves. Hey, it happens.

carpeviam said...

Way to go on the calendar! Nice accomplishment.

So, the cookies look a little crazy, but how do they taste?! I can get past the look if they taste divine...

Carolina John said...

haha, nice. good job on the workouts! that many days is really consistent. and pooping cookies are funny. always funny.

Marcy said...

Dayum! You rocked out for the month of May. I usually have big holes for the week preceeding "that" time as well as during HAHA!

Roisin said...

The more important question is: how did they taste? Hopefully not like poop.

tfh said...

Hey, ho. Those cookies look good to me, poop and all. You should note the kind of chocolate you used-- your recipe could make an even better science experiment than that old baking soda and vinegar volcano trick.

And nice job on the workouts! So what stickers are on June's agenda?

Girl on Top said...

The sticker idea is an awesome idea I'll have to try! And parchment paper is the bomb! diggity.

Lauren said...

I've never thought of parchment paper that way. I'll have to start calling it my baking sheet diaper from now on. I think those cookies look delicious. Does your friend use hershey's kisses, because they're some form of magic chocolate that holds it's shape when it melts?

Jamie said...

They may look like poo but really the more important question is how do they taste?

Great job on Hello Kitty Month!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

boyBuNz made "protein bars" that looked even more poop-like than your cookies - and declared them a success!

Your cookies and her protein bars - now there's two great tastes that'd go great together!

X-Country2 said...

Great job on the stickers! Keep up the great work!

I laughed out loud at your cookie story. I thought, "please let there be pictures..."
Ha.

Ace said...

And to celebrate, you should definitely get yourself one of these....

http://tinyurl.com/3ywsch

Spike said...

never have cookies been more revolting and simultaneously appetizing…never.

Viper said...

I thought you wanted to teach college kids? This sticker approach seems more worthy of kindergarten. Maybe that shouldn't be surprising coming from you.

Kristina said...

I thought those cookies looked really tasty, until you noted they shit themselves. Having made that observation, will you still be eating them? I would.
Congrats on the kitty calendar. It is the exact inverse of Henry's good behavior chart.

MCM Mama said...

So, do the cookies at least taste good?

Good job on the earning your Hello Kitty stickers!

Theresa said...

Well done, Ms. Hello Kitty Exercise Queen!

I really need to get my new sticker calendar up....

Calyx Meredith said...

Great job on the Hello Kitties and the cookies! What kind of stickers do you have for this month??

Ted said...

Hmmmm.. I like the concept of Hello Kitty stickers. Good job. Good idea. I am thinking of using Spongebob SquarePant stickers for this month.

Blyfinn said...

That's a lot of Kitty.

theloosemoose said...

Impressive consistency with the May workouts, you!!

Impressive consistency on those cookies, too - if one likes the consistency of poop icing, that is. I would eagerly eat them, poop icing or no.