Tuesday, 30 June 2009

Trivial Tuesday

Let’s just say that focus is not one of my virtues at the moment. Read the disjointed post below at your own risk.

This morning I went for my final run of the month—an easy 3.6 miles with a half dozen fartleks thrown in for good measure. This brings my monthly tally to just over 64 miles, my new highest mileage month of the year. Yay! Next month, I hope to surpass this total yet again. I’ve got a pseudo running plan set up for the next eight weeks. Now let’s see if I have the attention span to follow it, shall we.

My lower back has ached off and on for about a week now. I think it’s because of my crappy desk chair. See, work is bad for me.

Thanks to Roisin, my new favorite website is Texts From Last Night. Love. It.

I’ve signed up for swimming lessons which begin in three and a half weeks. I’ve never had proper lessons before so my current mode of swimming makes me look like a spaz. I’m hoping to correct that.

Since I’m gonna be in a bathing suit for all to see, you know what that means don’t you. It’s bikini waxing time again! I will of course give you all the gory details since I am a TMI machine. You can thank me later.

Okay, sadly that is all for me today. Have a great rest of the week, everyone. Catch up with you when I can.

Later gators.

21 comments:

Robert said...

That txt website is hilarious. Thank you for sharing.

And, congrats on getting your highest mileage month of the year. That's always a good feeling.

Count of Monte Christo said...

Take care of the back and have a great time swimming!

Have a great week

Marcy said...

I know the REAL reason why you're back hurts ;-) (it's either that or menstrual cramps and I prefer to think it's the "other" reason)

I also don't know how to properly swim. Doggy paddle has always worked well for me :P

Marcy said...

Sorry I meant "your" GAH! My mind is all over the place.

Heather said...

I need to take swimming lessons. Maybe I'll learn something at my daughter's toddler lessons . . .

Roisin said...

Ooooooo bikini waxing. Need to make a note to self about that one also. Bleh. I've found a half a bottle of red wine and ibuprofin helps with that one.

Glad you like the site! Endless laughs right there...and you can search by area code. Which makes me a little paranoid.

carpeviam said...

Ugh, I can't swim either. I sink. Really. I've taken lessons and it's impossible for me to do anything other than dog paddle, which is really quite useless. Good luck!

Lily on the Road said...

hmmm, I think we've had this discussion, LOL

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

You write a post about getting a bikini wax and Teh Marcy swoops by to talk about her mind? I swear, she gets less and less trashy with each passing day that she doesn't blog! It's like she's gone all intellectual on us! She used to talk about her @$$! Now she's correcting her own misspellings?!?1!

Wow, Teh Marcy ... WAT TO STAY HAWT!1!

Hahahahahaha! Some Warrior Archaeologist YOU are! You can't even swim! Still, good call on the waxing. All that Greek pubic hair would surely make you sink like a stone in any body of water, whatever its ratio of salt content.

BrianFlash said...

I hate it when you throw in those fartleks. Gross.

Jess said...

I've never had a bikini wax, but after the botched 'scaping job I did the other day (it's awfully hard with a preggo belly in the way), it made me think that perhaps forking over the money to pro is worth it. Can't wait for your report.

Ted said...

You need to take care of your back. Wondering what causing it? Hmmm !!!
Swimming sounds EXCELLENT. Can't wait to hear all about it.

joyRuN said...

One day I'll have the guts to sign up for the masters swim class around here. I probably look like I'm drowning my way down the lanes :)

RazZDoodle said...

Weight lifting helps the back, but remember to use quick jerky motions.

Hope you feel better soon!

P.O.M. said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I wonder if you would really share the details with us. My best friend shared and I was quite surprised at all the uhhhmmm well adjusting that they do and uhmmmm position changes.

X-Country2 said...

I LOVE texts from last night. Greatest website evah!

Blyfinn said...

Hope the swimming helps the back. It always does for me.

Theresa said...

64 miles! Well done!

And have fun with that bikini wax.

Jamie said...

Whoever came up with texts from last night is awesome! Seriously one of the best websites (and facebook groups) ever! Congrats on 64 miles and good luck with the swimming and associated bikini wax ;)

Kristina said...

Get one of those giant ball things to sit on at your desk. Good for your back, plus you'll get a cool, distinctive reputation as "that running fiend who sits on the weird ball."

Run For Life said...

I don't think I will EVER be able to get one of those...ouch! I'll catch up with your posts later, sorry!