Friday, 31 July 2009

Back again

Yesterday morning I woke up with a major pain in the upper right part of my back. I was looking to run six miles that morning since I had plans for the evening.

I started running and it just plain hurt. I immediately downgraded the run from six to three miles. No way in hell I could go that long with that much discomfort. It felt better when I was running slow, so that’s what I did. I ended up with the worst pace ever. Seriously. It was even slower than my pace for my two 20-mile training runs last year. Total suckage.

Today my back is improved, but still not great. I’m set for an hour swim lesson this afternoon and hopefully a three mile run this evening to have this month’s running mileage beat last month’s. We’ll see how it goes.

Farewell, my friend
Today my one sane flatmate is vacating the house. She’s moving on to greener pastures and leaving me with the two f*cktards in The House That Crazy Built Rented.

Over the past twelve years, I have lived in various apartments and houses with numerous different flatmates. From friends and colleagues to people I didn’t know at all. From all of this I’ve realized one universal thing—it is the luck of the draw finding someone you can live with harmoniously. And it is a very rare thing indeed if that person is also a friend.

Canadia is just such a person.

I will miss her common sense, directness, cooking and wine-fueled musings. But most of all, I will miss her sanity, which is a very rare commodity in graduate living.

Happy trails, buddy. And thank you for promising to visit me in the nuthouse when I get locked up for murdering the nitwits. Should be any day now.

Swords, sweat and sex
All right, enough of that sappy shit. Let’s send off the weekend in style, shall we.

My friend Ellen emailed me this video promo for a new tv show that will air in January, I believe. It’s another sword and sandals epic series with lots of T and A. Love how we’re doing the ancients proud.



This show is a combination of Gladiator, Rome and 300. Literally. Originality, thy name is not Hollywood.

That’s it for me, folks. Have a great weekend. I’ll catch you again next week.

Later gators.

14 comments:

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

FIRST!1! (Originality is not MY name, either.)

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Hey, know what I call a friend who leaves me stranded alone with two f*cktard flatmates?

AN ENEMY!1!

Just kidding.

Actually, I call him "Mr. Roper" and then I pretend I'm gay (meaning: I do a convincing Carolina Cletus impression) so I can stay with the two f*cktard female roommates and possibly GET IN THEIR PANTS!1!

But I never did get in their pants because Dr. Nic, who went by the name Larry in those days, kept c*ckblocking me.

But O! Those nights at the Regal Beagle! (I f*cked a LOT of beagles in those days.)

This actually happened to me in the '70s.

Well, me or John Ritter - I can't remember. Which one of is the son of Tex Ritter? Because it happened to that one.

Yeah, i'd comment on the video except I'm at home on DIAL-UP so there'll be no video-viewing for G this morning!

Are your flatmates as f*cktarded as dial-up?

I DIDN'T THINK SO!1!

Count of Monte Christo said...

D.mn, that doesn't sound good. Take care of your back. A back can be a trip straight into hell, if treated incorrectly.

Have a great weekend and stay healthy (maybe go shopping for a safe-room to keep the psycho neighbors out).

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

PUT DOWN THE KNIFE, Xenia! That NJ hit you're seeing on sitemeter is just me again at work checking out the vid that I couldn't see at home. That's it. I'm NOT stalking your site.

Frankly, I thought the vid of blown-up condoms f*cking was way hawter than this one.

And better acted.

Okay, I won't return today, so put the knife back in its sheath, Xenia! (<--- Ooooo, that's a HAWT image because knives are never JUST knives and teh Latin for "sheath"? Vagina!!1!

(So even this comment is hawter than Spartacus.)

joyRuN said...

Violence then sex, repeat over & over. Blood & teeth spraying all about the place then tons of hot abs & muscular torsos, repeat over & over.

I'm so torn.

RazZDoodle said...

eesh. back problems. Hope it heals up soon.

I agree with you on your insight on roommates. I had some choice co-habitators as well. Good luck with that.

Marcy said...

Are you sure it was the other 2 that have been partaking in late night lurve festivities? I don't know chica . . .back aches? ;-) LOL JK!

Ohh sweet baby J. Too bad we don't get Starz. I've been damning HBO since they axed Rome and this looks like a nice substitute.

Jess said...

What would ancient Roma be without a little T and A?

Carolina John said...

have a great weekend x!

Viper said...

Needs more Caligula.

Get better. Cheers!

Mike said...

Reminds me of a succinct review of "300" I read once: The women are topless, and the men are limbless.

Theresa said...

Heavy metal music is EXACTLY what I think of when I think ancient Rome. *snort*

Hope your back feels better soon!

The Laminator said...

Hope your back is healing. Seriously, getting yourself healthy is worth more than any well-intentioned workout!

X-Country2 said...

Hee. I don't use the word "nitwit" enough. Good luck with the sanity.