Wednesday, 8 July 2009

Horizon

There are no races on my calendar for the rest of the year, but not for lack of trying. Nothing is going on around these here parts when I’ll actually be in residence which kinda sucks for me.

So with nothing to train for, I’ve just been going about my business. Running a bit, a little cross training here and there, the occasional pushup, and so on.

All this is to say I have nothing to blog about. There’s other stuff going on in my life, but that’s not for blog fodder, so basically I’m tapped out. The only interesting contribution I have for you all right now is a literary one. If any of you are Jane Austen fans, I would recommend you read Linda Berdoll’s Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife. It’s a continuation of Pride & Prejudice and quite entertaining. At least I think so. If for nothing else, I suggest you pick it up because at one point the ...er... excited male member gets compared to an enraged squirrel. That’s just plain awesome.

Hope you’re all doing well. Catch up with you when I can.

Later gators.

19 comments:

Count of Monte Christo said...

Cool! That is going in my Amazon wishlist!

I'm a Huge Austen fan.

Keep running and have a great week!

FLATOUT JIM said...

Blog Inspiration

What's going on at the Tour? Perhaps you offer some commentary, or maybe start a false but juicy rumour.

My race calender is busy from here to mid fall. Hang in there.

Lily on the Road said...

Yup, I'm in the same boat, about blogging that is, not about enraged squirrel's.

Jamoosh said...

There is also "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies." Really! ...And zombies always make everything better.

RazZDoodle said...

Funny thing is....you stole my post about having nothing to write about. :)

Jess said...

Thanks for the book recommendation. I always wonder about those P&P spin offs, but haven't ever read any of them.

RunningLaur said...

Have you heard of "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies"? It's supposed to be very funny and very good. Haven't gotten to it myself yet though.

http://www.amazon.com/Pride-Prejudice-Zombies-Classic-Ultraviolent/dp/1594743347

Carolina John said...

enjoy your boredom! some of us are feeling the stress.... i wish i could dump some of my training miles onto you.

Heather said...

Thanks for the book recommendation - I am a big Jane Austen fan.

Marcy said...

I hope it's hot (and sexy) non bloggin material is all I'm sayin ;-)

Hang in there chica!

Merry said...

An Austen-tatious display of your literary taste. I'll put this on my reading list, thanks.

M2Marathon said...

Oh, I'll be reading that one for sure! And now I have stuck in my head, "Is that an enraged squirrel in your pants or are you just happy to see me?"

I think the dog days have set in globally; I have plenty of races, but am braindead for blog topics other than boring updates of my training. Whatever works...hang in there!

And mmmm, a KitKat sounds delish...

Roisin said...

Ha...enraged squirrel...well that certainly does create a vivid picture, doesn't it?

Nitmos said...

Squirrel? Try a python. That's right, I'm not afraid to go all macho over here.

Jamie said...

what marcy said :)

enjoy the down time!

Spike said...

enraged whale?!? I'm still trying to plow through Far From the Madding Crowd...tedious.

sometimes I do a pushup to remind myself that I can do one, but I get tired of them quite quickly.

theloosemoose said...

An enraged squirrel, you say? They do like to bury their nuts.

Sorry - had to say it before Teh Glaven did!

joyRuN said...

Ahhh. Dunno what it is - I have races & runs, but also feel like I got not much to blog about.

Enjoy the quiet :)

X-Country2 said...

"Mr. Darcy" is always said up in my head with a Kiera Knightly voice.