- My current lack of energy, focus and motivation.
- My lack of mileage this week.
- The locals, tourists and summer students who clog up the streets and sidewalks and are as discourteous as it is possible to be.
- English summer which consists of rain, rain and more rain.
- My drug dealing neighbor who leaves her cats out in the pouring rain so that I and everyone else in the area have to listen to the poor creatures yowl incessantly.
- This f*cking chapter would be done already.
- I had become a vet instead of an archaeologist. I’d have my degree and be employed by now. However, my soul would already be crushed by how many animals I’d have had to put down, but frankly I’d take a crushed soul and a paycheck over dissertation writing misery at this point.
- I was on Santorini. (Z, I envy you.)
- I could run in Port Meadow, but am afraid I’d get stuck permanently on the muddy trails.
- I would not let the weather affect my mood so much.
- Bitching about how hot it is.
- Working out of doors every day.
- Digging up some really cool old shit. (Not literally. Well, maybe if I happen to dig up a sewer system or lavatory.)
- Swimming in the Tyrrhenian Sea for the first time.
- Reminded of why I love what I do.
I hope you all have a fabulous weekend. I’ll catch you again next week.