Friday, 21 August 2009

So long, farewell...

It’s time to hit the road. Or the skies as the case may be.

My bag is partially packed. Not surprisingly, my running paraphernalia will probably be the last items to go in.

Over the next several days, I have crap-loads of work to do and much socializing to cram in, so this will be my last post before departure.

It is unlikely I will be blogging when I’m away on fieldwork. Yes, there will be access to the odd internet cafe, but the only thing I’m going to be arsed to do is check my email about once a week. So if anything mega amazing happens while I’m gone (e.g. Vanilla discovers humility, Nitmos defects from the Church of Garmin, Razz stops using bullet points or Viper becomes a teetotaller), send a girl an email. I need to be made aware of this shit.

I haven’t prepared anything to post while I’m away either, but I haven’t totally disregarded you, my readers. To help ease your pain and distress at my departure, I created a list of things you can do while I’m away. I petered out after two items though. Eh, they’re all you’ll need anyway.

1) Wallow in your suffering and pine for me.

It’s only right.

And,

2) Check out the blogroll to the right. There’s a reason it’s posted there. These are the people I go to for a laugh, enlightenment and inspiration. Also, I heckle about a handful of them on a regular basis, so if you could pick up the slack for me while I’m away that would be fabulous. I’d hate for them to miss out on having their self-esteem deflated on a daily/weekly basis.

On that note, it’s time for me to go. Enjoy the rest of your summer and the beginning of fall, my favorite season. To all those racing in the next two months, I wish you the best of luck. Take care, everyone.

Till we meet again.

-X

26 comments:

Theresa said...

Safe travels! And hope you find some good old stuff to dig up!

Lily on the Road said...

*sniff* I'm 'gonna miss ya gurl....

Have a great time and remember Rome wasn't built in a day....(I know, how lame was that).

oxoxoxoxoxo

RazZDoodle said...

good luck, God speed. Don't be a stranger and drop in if you can!

Shannon said...

You will sorely be missed. I enjoy your humor.

Have fun in the field, go get some dirt under those finger nails.

raulgonemobile said...

Good luck! Hope it goes well for ya

Jess said...

Good luck and have fun!

Jamie said...

Safe travels and good luck digging! We'll "see" ya when you get back.

Marcy said...

Have fun chica! Hurry back because I don't know if I can handle G all by myself :P

Vanilla said...

What is this humility that you speak of?

Have fun!

X-Country2 said...

Safe travels and good luck!

Heather said...

Hope you have a great couple of months! Safe travels!

Nitmos said...

Enjoy the trip! Garminspeed!

Carolina John said...

Have fun on the big dig! We'll miss you. Best of luck.

RunningLaur said...

Have a fun and safe trip!

Ted said...

Have a safe trip and hope you discovered something like a bottle caps from a Coke bottle. Enjoy diggin!

Count of Monte Christo said...

Have a great trip and enjoy the time away.

Viper said...

Bon chance and bon voyage. See how international I am?

Dig up some awesome shit, but avoid digging up literal shit. Cheers!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Catch ya on Teh Flip-Flop, sister!

theloosemoose said...

Have a safe, fun, productive trip!!!

MCM Mama said...

Have a safe trip!

joyRuN said...

Have a great trip. Safe travels!

Robert James Reese said...

Good luck with the trip and with getting everything packed in the tiny bag!

Spike said...

have a great trip and steal somehting.

Irish Cream said...

Have a great trip, girl! Safe travels!

Scope Dope Cherrybomb said...

Have a great trip. Enjoy the experience. Don't know about heckling but I will look for lucid words from you. Take care.
Penny

Anonymous said...

I miss this blog! come back! :)