Monday, 23 November 2009

Prelude to Suckville

In a week’s time, I’m set to begin marathon training. Yeah, that’s gonna bite the big one seeing as I’ve only been running about once a week for the last month. Oy.

I’m not sure what I should have you all betting on—whether I’ll actually get all four scheduled runs in the first week or when exactly I’m going to get hobbled with an injury. Eh, I leave it up to you guys.

My running may be patchy, but at least my swimming continues. Went to the pool this morning and even after showering and eating lunch (chilli beef and rice soup from Pret A Manger—yummy) my hands still smell like chlorine. Lovely.

This weekend I went to a friend’s for dinner and to watch illegally acquired episodes of Glee. I’m not much for musicals. In fact I tend to hate them violently. But my friend assured me that the show was really quite good and worth a watch, particularly for the eye candy.

Hello, Mark Salling.

I'm a sucker for beard stubble. Sue me.


The good kind of man-boobs

At first I felt kinda dirty for lusting after him since he plays a 17 year old on the show, but then I found out that he’s actually 27. Totally legal. Huzzah!

And because I have nothing else to say, need some filler and want to take an unprovoked potshot at Vanilla Ian by stealing his schtick, here are recent photos of Julia Roberts running.

Courtesy of Popsugar

I had no idea she was a runner. Julia always reminds me of my sister Z which may be why I didn't think she was a runner--Z has shoddy knees and therefore does not run. Although they don’t look much alike in the face, they’re both tall, slim and have gigantic lions' manes for hair, though Z’s is dark brown. Okay, maybe my real life peeps-celebrity associations aren't spot on but at least they're interesting. My mother reminds me of Kathy Bates and my father of Sadaam Hussein. No, I'm not explaining those. You'll just have to guess...and be terribly frightened in the process.

Okay, that’s more than enough of my rambling. Have a great week, a short one for my fellow Americans. Catch up with you when I can.

Later gators.

15 comments:

Razz said...

We can commiserate together. I'm about to embark on training as well. Sans swimming, of course

"The" Merry said...

So does this mean Vanilla reminds you of Julia Roberts?

Morgan said...

Good luck with Training girl! You can do it!

carpeviam said...

What do you surmise Julia's pace to be? Is she a 12 minute miler or an 8 minute miler?

Xenia said...

Carpeviam--She has gazelle legs (genetically lucky bitch), so I say 8-9 minute miles.

Lily on the Road said...

There was NO way I would believe that guy was/is supoose to be 17, GAH, 17 year olds in my day looked like Gilligan not like a Beef Cake!!

You'll be surprised to know some guys like the smell of chlorine and bike chain grease...just saying!

Ian said...

She looks old and she's not hot enough to make the cut at Half-Fast so you can go ahead and "steal my schtick."

Carolina John said...

ugh, here you had to go and ruin a perfectly good post with pics of julia roberts. dang.

Roisin said...

I was just watching Misery last weekend...funny...

joyRuN said...

I've meant to watch Glee, but I'm on Google Reader instead.

Ah well.

GOT MY POPENER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm working on a worthy post ;)

BrianFlash said...

Julia Roberts - 11 minute miles on a good day I'd guess.

That broad has a big mouth...

Jess said...

I have those shorts! Awesome. Julia Roberts and I wear the same running shorts!

"The" Merry said...

OMB! I got the popener! That is the /coolest/ bottle opener ever! happy dance

Frayed Laces said...

And here I thought I was the only girl over 16 who watched Glee. That man is tasty delicious and I will suffer through horrendous plotlines and bad acting just to see him. Yum.

Jamie said...

I love Glee! It's so cheesy but funny and the eye candy doesn't hurt.

Good luck with the start of marathon training!