Thursday, 19 November 2009

Say my name

I’ve gotten off my duff and have one run in so far this week. I was supposed to get in another this morning, but since I was kept awake last night by the fight my crackhead neighbor was having with her possibly-no-longer boyfriend, that just didn’t happen. The run is rescheduled for tomorrow morning barring more ruckus from her house. Damn these thin English walls!

Yesterday I had my last swim lesson. My instructor was quite impressed with the progress I’ve made and I have to say so am I. I was a total catastrophe in the beginning and needed to plug my nose with my hand. Now I’m a little more coordinated (only thrashing around half as much) and can use both arms to propel me forward instead of holding my nose and praying to the sweet baby jesus not to let me accidentally swallow half the water in the pool.

Score!

My plan is to continue with swim practice three days a week. I’m still searching for the right rhythm and timing in both the front crawl and breast stroke. I think it’ll be like riding a bike—one day it’ll all just fall into place.

Speaking of bikes, take a look at mine:

My trusty steed

I’ve been trying to think up a name for him. And yes, it’s definitely a him. For Frayed Lacesname-her-bike contest, I suggested the name Hades. I was thinking of using that for my bike, more in a tongue-in-cheek kind of way since my bike is so NOT badass like hers. I don’t know. What do you guys think?

One more thing before I go. You know how I said I signed up for one last race this year? Well, guess what I got in the post yesterday...

Ho, ho, ho!

Christmas has arrived early this year. Good lord, what have I done?

Later gators.

19 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

That's an awesome rock'n bike, good for you! Name him whatever feels right...you'll know.

Good job with swimming, you're on your way to your Minnow Badge. LOL..

Ho, Ho, Ho!! and no, not that kind a "HO"....

Calyx Meredith said...

Great bike! But holy moly on the Santa suit. Did you manage to get anyone else to sign up with you?

Morgan said...

O.M.G. how on earth are you going to run in that thing?!?!?!

Great job on the swim progress girl!

Carolina John said...

Right on Xenia. You'll be hitting the tri's in no time. but running in a santa suit? that's going to be sexy.

Mike Antonucci said...

I consulted the Muse, and you must name your bike Aeolus, for it will carry you home if you follow its directions and avoid unleashing the wrong wind.

RazZDoodle said...

You might want to consult Vanilla on how to run in weird shit like that. Good luck to ya.

joyRuN said...

Looks like you'd need lotsa Bodyglide for that suit!

Don't forget to share pics of your race :D

Jamie said...

I expect at least 1 picture of you actually sporting that suit!

K said...

You must name it "ATE"--for the god-dess of foolish acts.

Roisin said...

Fancy-schmancy bike you've got there...just watch out for open car doors.

There are a bunch of Christmas races in Chi-town where you win a prize if you run in a Santa suit...for future reference ;)

BrianFlash said...

I figured you would look more like the English Father Christmas and less like the American Santa Claus.

Guess you'll stand out in the crowd!

Heather said...

You definitely need to post some race pics from that santa race!

MCM Mama said...

CAN.NOT.WAIT for pictures from that race LOL.

The Laminator said...

We want pics from the race...this is going to be classic!

theloosemoose said...

That Santa suit does NOT look moisture wicking. That is gonna be one fantastic race report, methinks!

Frayed Laces said...

Dude your bike is totally badass. Stick with Hades.

Ms. V. said...

Name your bike Herpie. Like, once you get on him, you can't lose him. Or, call him Herbie.

I know, gross. But it was the best I could do tonight.

theloosemoose said...

Any idea about the whereabouts of Teh Glaven? His blog is down. I'm already jonesin' for my fix of obscene, anal-related comments.

carpeviam said...

Tartarus? I mean, in the Greek sense, of course.