Thursday, 17 December 2009

Gaseous cerebral emissions

Welcome to the random brain farts that are my thoughts lately.
  • I have not been able to concentrate on my work for the last week and a half.
  • I’ve not been sleeping well either.
  • My left eye has been twitching for four days.
  • And I have a headache at the back of my skull.
  • I need to calm the hell down and focus.
  • But I get to fly home tomorrow. YIPPEE!!
  • I am extraordinarily thankful I am not flying with British Airways. However, my friend Canadia is and she’s having a hell of a time right now facing the prospect of not being able to go home for the holidays or attend a conference at which she’s supposed to present a paper. Cross your fingers for her, folks.
  • The foot pain I experienced last week has abated. I RICE’d, used the tennis ball every day and even had the occasional foot massage. All is good, though I can tell my shin and calf muscles need to be strengthened so I continue with the simple exercises you all suggested. Thanks.
  • I totally need to start doing yoga again when I get back here in January.
  • As for your other suggestions, well let’s just say that being a one-footed kinky inebriated whore didn’t exactly sound like the best of remedies. I’ll take it under advisement for the next time though.
  • The temperature in NH is ten plus degrees lower than it is here in England. And there’s already lots of snow on the ground.
  • Not surprisingly, I’ve rearranged my running schedule this week in order to get my 10 mile long run in before I fly out.
  • Actually, I’m running the 10-miler tomorrow morning before my afternoon departure.
  • Hopefully I won’t regret that decision.
  • Yesterday I purchased a bright orange mesh vest with wide yellow reflective strips for running in NH.
  • I really don’t want to be mistaken for a deer or, god forbid, a moose and get shot while running in my home state.
  • Because that would, like, totally suck.
  • I took Aeolus in for his one month check-up and got him tricked out with a wire basket.
  • Now I can cycle with my gym bag and my backpack without the awkward balancing act and threat of road rash.
  • Did I mention I’m flying home tomorrow?!
  • If anyone has an in with Virgin Atlantic, could you please hook me up with an upgrade for tomorrow? I would be eternally grateful.
  • And by eternally grateful I mean I would send you a Popener.
  • I’m a poor graduate student. It’s all I’ve got, people.
Okay, that’s it for me. Back to not working on my craptastic dissertation. Have a fabulous rest of the week and a great weekend. Catch up with you again next week when I’ll be stateside, freezing my ass off and, hopefully, stuffed to the gills with tasty fatty American food. I can’t wait!

Later gators.

12 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

Be cautious with the headache, mine started like that then proceeded until my head exploded and I threw up my lungs....just saying...

Sorry, I don't have an in with Virgin Airlines (dang, cuz I'd love a Popener), but do have a great time at home, don't get shot, but have some shots...(vodka, yum).

Merry Christmas Xenia....

Viper said...

Safe travels! Cheers!

Jamie said...

Have a great trip at home! Safe travels. And if I didn't have all my miles with United I would totally hook you up with the upgrade :( anything for a popener! fingers crossed for Canadia - this whole BA thing sucks!!!

X-Country2 said...

Safe travels!!

RunnuRMark said...

Enjoy your trip. Your legs are gonna want to kick you in the vagina for making them sit on plane for hours after a long run. Just sayin, you might want to wear a cup...or stick a book down your pants.

The Merry said...

Have a wonderful trip and a great holiday! You've been working very, very hard. I hereby give you formal permission to slack off a bit :)

Carolina John said...

have a safe trip girl. happy holidays!

MCM Mama said...

Have a safe trip!

The Laminator said...

Have a great time back home! I think coming back to the states will instantly make all your mysterious ailments go away! There's hoping anyways...

theloosemoose said...

Have a safe trip!!!

Frayed Laces said...

Have a great break with your fam! I hope you get a chance to completely forget about your research and stock up on the free food!

BCB said...

Merry Christmas, Xenia! Hope you're enjoying your time here in the States with family and not freezing your a-- um, nose off.

Safe travels!