Monday, 14 December 2009

Race Report: Santas on the Run

Ho ho ho!

If you’ve never run in costume, I highly recommend it. Even if you show up to the race to find out everyone else is wearing the same thing. Come on, people, let’s coordinate better next time!

Sunday was the Santas on the Run race in Nerdtown. I was able to cajole Mortie and Aus into joining me so I didn’t have to feel like a lone idiot. The three of us met up and then made our way to the start where all the Santas were partaking in the customary cult warm-up exercises.

Sea of santas

Then we were off!



It was only a two mile race so everything went by pretty fast. I caught some of the run on video. Forgive the bouncing. I’m working on my in-race camera work.



As is usual with these charity races, groups of walkers abounded and impeded progress, so at the beginning I knew running for time was stupid and decided to just hang with my friends and enjoy the day.

It was all great fun and I hope to run it again next year. After the race, I cycled home in full Santa gear and got a lot of interesting reactions from passersby. I think I should dress up in costume more often. In fact, if there’s another nun run in London next year, I’m totally running it. Now that’s a habit I can get into. (badump bump ching!)

So now comes the moment where you all whinge and cry because I didn’t post a photo of myself in a Santa costume. Usually I’d just say tough titties, but I’m feeling kinda generous since it’s the season of giving, so I’ll make an exception. Here I am:

Oops, sorry, not me. I’m not much of a drinker. Could be most any of you all though. All right, here I am:

Er, okay, maybe that’s not me. But this one is:

I’m, like, totally hot, huh? It was kinda difficult to run in the Santa suit they issued us so, as you can see, I just held onto the girls until the run was over. Like, totally smart, right?

Okay, okay. That’s not me either. I know, hard to believe, huh?

All right, enough of the teasing.

I was sad that I didn’t have a Rudolph nose to wear so I photoshopped one in for your viewing pleasure. Other than that, the rest is actually me. However, I would like to point out that my mouth doesn’t normally look like an old lady’s vagina. That’s just the effect of the itchy fake beard. No, really.

Have a great week, everyone.

Later gators.

20 comments:

Carly said...

That looks like a lot of fun!

RockstarTri said...

That race looks like a blast!

GeorgiaSnail said...

ahem!
Can I get your friend's number?

Razz said...

Old lady's vagina? Maybe I shouldn't have read that out loud in homeroom.

Awesome.

The Merry said...

I'm glad your legs didn't stop you from going out and having fun. Did any of the suggestions from the previous post help after all?

RunnuRMark said...

If my wife and I make it to old man and old woman status, she will be shorn like a sheep if her clam beard ever gets anything close to that. Way to degrade Santa...nice.

X-Country2 said...

Come on, that didn't get a "keepin it klassy" tag?

Xenia said...

XC2--Thanks for pointing that out. Situation has been rectified.

Viper said...

Sounds like you did well making an ass of yourself. No surprise there. Cheers!

Carolina John said...

is it wrong that i still appreciate the old lady vagina look?

maybe.

MCM Mama said...

Love the pictures! Sounds like you had fun.

Heather said...

What a fun race!

Jess said...

Looks and sounds like a lot of fun! Is that gonna be your profile pic now?

joyRuN said...

Hahaha! Looks like a blast :)

I'm sure the guys appreciate the burgeoning mammary pic, but I believe an @$$ shot is what'll get that GP out of hiding.

Spike said...

this post was effen awesome, I just kept laughing. also, I think I know the Santa being taken to jail.

Ali said...

Love all the santas ... especially the drunk santa pasted out! too funny

theloosemoose said...

Awesome post! And oddly enough, that bottom picture is just EXACTLY how I imagined you to look, old lady vagina mouth and all.

HA! I just wrote "old lady vagina mouth"! That's three times now, counting your post. Now you're gonna get hits from all kinds of degenerates. Hordes and hordes of perverts, I tell ya!

In other words, GLAVEN Q. HEISENBERG, WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?!

SteveQ said...

I'd write something clever, but the shift from busty santa to old lady vagina has caused some rapid shifts in blood allocation and I'm not feeling so good...

Morgan said...

OMG LMAO! Sorry this is a belated comment as I am sooooooo behind on my reader but great recap and loved the video, pics and tease! LOL! "old ladies vagina" AHAHAHA

The Laminator said...

Great race Santa! Making fun of old ladies' vajayjay will win you brownie points everytime...