Monday, 15 February 2010

Cue the Rocky theme song

Okay, so I lied. Sue me.

Just before I catch my train, I thought I’d lay down some stats on you.

The month-long triathlon ends this Thursday. It requires that I complete the following:

2.4 miles of swimming
112 miles of cycling
26 miles of running

So far, I’ve got:

2 miles of swimming
71.7 miles of cycling
36 miles of running

So basically I need one more session in the pool and a whole lotta time on an uncomfortable bike seat over the next four days while making sure not to cock up my marathon training runs in the process. Today is a wash so I’ve got three days left.

Can I do it? Place your bets!

17 comments:

Jamoosh said...

I would say it is totally acceptable to transfer some of those running miles to the cycling category!

Lily on the Road said...

Looks like you're on target to me! Good going!

joyRuN said...

You've totally got this. I don't think the cross training is bad for the marathon training. Your ass might feel a little squished by the end of the week, but a couple of runs next week will restore them :)

Carolina John said...

do it. go for it. you got this one nailed.

Keith said...

Of course you can do it!

ShutUpandRun said...

I guess we can tell which one you like the most!

The Merry said...

I have faith. Go Xenia!

theloosemoose said...

You can TOTALLY do it!! (What you can not do, however, is to continue to use the phrase "cock up". I'm far too immature to handle it. I might LOOK like a 40-year-old woman, but I've the maturity of a perverted eleven-year-old boy.)

Danielle said...

You can knock out 40 miles in one long ride!

MCM Mama said...

You can totally do it! You're so close!!!

Sheryl said...

My bets on you! =) Go, Xenia!

RunnuRMark said...

You've got this. Have you tried just putting something (like a soft towel) over the seat? Not ideal, but it may be enough to save the ass and lady bits for another 40 miles.

The Merry said...

Should I mention that I've been taking your name in vain over at Cranky Fitness?
Nah.
Probably best I don't mention it.

Roisin said...

I'm not a gambler, but this is definitely do-able. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't though, knowing your schedule. I'm cool like that ;)

carpeviam said...

Easy. If I were a bettin' woman, I'd say...

Jess said...

No contest. You've got it!

prashant said...

Looks like you're on target to me! Good going!

Work From Home