Wednesday, 3 February 2010

Dressed to impress

When I woke up Tuesday morning, I really didn’t want to get out of bed. I’d almost convinced myself that I’d run that evening instead (LIES! ALL LIES!!), but then a miracle happened.

I had to pee.

Okay, maybe not so much a miracle as a common morning occurrence for me. Stop arguing over semantics.

Anyway, I got up and used the loo and as I passed the hallway window I noticed that it wasn’t pissing down outside. (See, there’s the miracle!) This motivated me to suit up in my wannabe ninja outfit (black is chic, bitches), Asics, beanie and my reflective PLEASE DON’T HIT ME WITH YOUR MIDGET EURO CAR vest. I was just closing the door to my room when one of my flatmates, Finn (the one I don’t hate), was heading to the loo. She looked at me and whispered, “WOW!” [Editor’s note: A loud exclamation was avoided so as not to bring down upon us the passive-aggressive wrath of Tweedledee and Tweedledipshit, i.e. the other two flatmates.]

Was she blown away by my amazing ensemble, especially the neon orange and yellow vest? Perhaps. However it’s more likely that she was impressed that I was venturing out in the dark for a bit of a run before I became chained to my desk for the rest of the day.

Because of the hours each of us keeps, she doesn’t often see me go off for runs, which, over the past few weeks, have been taking place sporadically and at random times. Currently I’m in a position to overhaul my daily schedule so I’m trying to move exercise time to the early morning so as not to impede work or evening social activities.

She wished me well and I went out for my three miler. Thankfully I only had to endure a light mist. If I’d waited till later, I would’ve been stuck in a downpour. Yay for not procrastinating!

This morning I cycled through a whole lotta mud (why did I sign up for that month-long triathlon again?) and tomorrow is my planned baby tempo run. Also planned for tomorrow is my first ever professional massage. Huzzah! I finally decided to bitch-slap my frugal ways and am splurging on thirty minutes of someone pounding the hell out of my neck, back and shoulders. I have a gigantic knot where my neck meets my right shoulder and it’s been very angry for the past week. I’m getting it taken care of because I’m tired of walking around looking like Quasimodo. I should be back to my Igor-level of hotness in no time.

Okay, that’s it for me today. Have a happy hump day, everyone.

Later gators.

15 comments:

Jamoosh said...

How are there no pictures of your fashionista ways?

Carolina John said...

running before daybreak? miracles will never cease. you in all black i can understand.

Razz said...

Same thing happened to me, but I freaked my daughter out. Parenting Tip: DON'T WEAR NINJA GEAR AND GO BACK UPSTAIRS TO GET SOMETHING BEFORE YOU RUN.

I'm just sayin.

MCM Mama said...

You go girl! Enjoy that massage!

MCM Mama said...

You go girl! Enjoy that massage!

MCM Mama said...

You go girl! Enjoy that massage!

GeorgiaSnail said...

Using your stealth ninja skills you should have slipped into your flatmates rooms and..um. "taken care of them"

Nitmos said...

I think you'll find 1/2 hour goes by too soon. You'll regret not springing for the full hour...but enjoy!

Viper said...

I will give you a +1 for your "Quasimodo" to "hump day" passage, whether intentional or not. Cheers!

Roisin said...

I think being a ninja runner in Britain is more terrifying that here...stupid narrow roads. Enjoy the massage...I hope they don't violate you. *shudder*

BrianFlash said...

The massage will be excellent. Amazing how that seems to push all the bad out of the muscles...

X-Country2 said...

Enjoy that message. It's worth EVERY penny.

Jamie said...

Yea for not procrastinating ninja! Enjoy that massage!

theloosemoose said...

Would it even hurt at all if you were run over by a wee, tiny Euro car? It might just bruise you the tiniest bit, and you're tough - you can take it.
Not that I'm trying to cause your death or encourage you to be reckless, BUT...with you out of the way I would be solo god mother!!

Ms. V. said...

black is chic, bitches...

OMG So funny.

I run at night, until it's summer-like. Great job!