Monday, 1 February 2010

A new day

And so it begins.....again.

Today marks the first day of training for the Edinburgh marathon. Did I run? Hell no. Today’s a cross training day so I hit the bike instead. I should have swum also but I just couldn’t face getting into my bathing suit today. Yeah, it’s one of those days. Awesome.

After leaving the gym this morning, I had to run a bunch of errands so Aeolus and I criss-crossed town and nearly took out a couple dozen pedestrians in the process. Apparently they all had a death wish. One of these days I’ll stop being so rude and oblige them. Morons.

Most of these errands should have been completed yesterday but I was stymied by a debit card cock-up which denied me access to my money. I had to empty out my change jar in order to buy a pint of skim milk and a small loaf of bread to complete today’s breakfast and lunch. I scrounged up £1.55. My purchases totalled £1.32. Do you know how pathetic it looks when you stand at the self-checkout till for five minutes feeding 1 and 2 pence coins into the machine? Yeah, that would be a lot. Thankfully that’s all sorted now so I won’t have to face that again for a long while. Hopefully.

Ok, folks, that’s it for me. I hope you all have a non-crappy week ahead. Catch up with you when I can.

Later gators.

15 comments:

Razz said...

have SWUM.

I don't know if I can keep reading this if it's going to be littered with all of these mistakes. :)

Xenia said...

I've fixed it now, Grammar Nazi. Thanks for catching it. :)

Morgan said...

OMG I hate when I get stuck having to use coins! Sorry about your luck girl! And what IS up with the pedestrians? LOL!

Lily on the Road said...

at least you had coins! I've used my debt card and had it declined due to a bank error NOW THAT is embarrassing.

GeorgiaSnail said...

I use the coinstar machine and save a little time there...but they do hit me with that 8% usage charge...

Viper said...

Good luck sticking to your plan. Cheers!

Nitmos said...

Happy First Day of Training! Mine too. This should be a holiday.

BrianFlash said...

I start every new training plan on Monday which is a rest day. It is pretty much awesome to be able to say I'm training for xxxxx and not have to go out and run that day!

theloosemoose said...

Oh come ON, people!! i can't be the only one laughing her ass off over "cock-up". Xenia said, "COCK-UP!! COCK-UP!!!" LOL LOL LOL!!!"

Or maybe I am...Could THIS be what Copiaverborum means when she calls me unfit to be the godmother to her psuedo fetus? Ah, screw it.

Jamoosh said...

The sooner you start taking out the stupid people, the less we'll have to give the government to take care of them!

Jess said...

Pence and pounds? My goodness, why didn't you just use REAL money?! :)

Danielle said...

Is it worse to feed a self-checkout or to give a clerk 54 pennies (in addition to other change) to buy a pop?

The Enthusiast said...

Good luck with the training plan! But I bet you looked like a serious "knob end" when you were feeding your coins into the machine. (A Brit friend here taught me that one!) har har har - I'm so funny :-P

X-Country2 said...

God, Razz is a grammar czar and a d-bag! I knew what you meant.

carpeviam said...

And you really want to be my crack babies godmother? You may as well be on food stamps.