Friday, 12 February 2010

Smoke and mirrors

So I stressed myself the hell out these past few days. I gave a paper today, rather unprepared and mostly off the cuff. Apparently the audience found it to be rather interesting. Huh. Maybe I know more than I think I do. Nah, that can’t be it.

Because of the freak out fest, I skipped my run yesterday, breaking my chain of 11 straight days of working out. Shite. I really want to get that run in today, but I’m tired and have dinner plans for this evening. I guess there’s always the potential for a post-dinner duathlon of sorts as a half-assed nod to the Olympics. Tempo tummy turnover? I get the impression thai food doesn’t taste that good coming back up the esophagus though. Hmm, decisions.

I’ll be on a one-woman field trip on Monday, so no posting from me till after. To console you all, I will leave you with two things to entertain you.

1) It appears the prodigal P.O.M. has returned to the blogosphere. Go harass her for being away so long.

And,

2) I’m really looking forward to this movie coming out in April.

Granted it won’t be campy fun like the original and it is rather worrisome that they were doing re-shoots in Wales just last week, but the trailer makes it look like good fun all the same. And plus Sam Worthington’s in it which means I’ll be on this movie like white on rice.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Later gators.

10 comments:

Jamoosh said...

My advice is to keep the Thai food delicious.

Viper said...

No running after dinner. You'll just hurt yourself. Chains are meant to be broken. Start a new one tomorrow. Cheers!

Morgan said...

Oooo I've so gotta see that movie! Thanks for sharing the video!

Great job winging it on the paper and not putting anyone to sleep!

Mike Antonucci said...

I'd rather watch the original Jason and the Argonauts for the 200th time.

theloosemoose said...

Enjoy your field trip!

Jess said...

I noticed a comment from POM on my blog and I nearly fell outta my chair! I thought she'd fallen off the edge of the earth!

Lily on the Road said...

OH I can smell that Dragon's breath from here!

joyRuN said...

11 day streak - I was getting ready to hate you!

P.O.M. said...

ahhhhhhhh thanks for the shout out.

I can never run after I eat. Shoooooooot, I can hardly run if it's not first thing in the morning.

prashant said...

I've so gotta see that movie! Thanks for sharing the video!

Work From Home