Tuesday, 9 March 2010

6.66 mile exorcism

Last week was terrible with work deadlines coming out of my ears. This week is not much better, but I have a better handle on the situation. I didn’t run for a whole week. Hell, I didn’t exercise for a whole week unless you count the number of times I banged my head against the desk in frustration.

It was enough, trust me.

So when Saturday rolled around and I finally crawled out from underneath the covers, I knew it was time for a run. Specifically, it was time to run the Global Warming, My Ass! 6.66 mile run.

I wasn’t fast and I didn’t give a shit. It just felt good to get outside, to breathe fresh air and actually enjoy a rare bit of English sunshine. I may have been running the devil’s number, but it felt heavenly.

With that momentum, I made sure to knock out my 12-mile long run on Sunday. But to hear about that you’ll have to wait until the next blog post. Hey, I’m hurting for time and blog material these days. A girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do, you know.

The more you know....the less you probably want to
Frayed Laces interviewed a bunch of female running bloggers who are also fighting the good academic fight in graduate school. I was honored to be included amongst such amazing company. You can read our discussion here.

I must say, I’ve never been more motivated to keep on training than I was after our virtual chat. Social life be damned.

All right, folks, that’s it for me. I’d like to say I’ll catch up with you soon, but I hate to lie, so I won’t. I hope you’re all doing well nonetheless.

Later gators.

17 comments:

RunnuRMark said...

uhhhh...first?? sweet. The best part about this post: the 'Beelzebub and I are BFFs' tag...because that's TOTALLY something I would search for :)

RunnuRMark said...

.....annnnnd apparently i haven't read your blog enough to know that's actually a commonly used tag for you. FTL...

Jamoosh said...

Darn - I was so looking forward to a 666 report today. And I am not a patient person.

X-Country2 said...

I read that virtual chat, and I thought it was fantastic. Great job!

Viper said...

Nice teaser. We'll return after the messages. Maybe. Cheers.

Nitmos said...

Running is a stress reliever. You should not be missing those.
Sincerely, Satan

Danielle said...

I'll be honest - as much as training kept me sane, probably the best thing to happen to me was getting that stupid injury two months before my defense so that I couldn't run at all.

Maybe for someone who isn't a procrastinator and who solely focuses on work when their butt is in the chair, slow and steady will get the job done, but I needed those 15 hour days in front of my computer to get the final writing done.

joyRuN said...

Very awesome re: that virtual chat!

Good luck with your head banging, Norma.

Razz said...

awwww....we're BFFs! OMG! LMAO!

Adam Culp (Crazy Floridian) said...

Ah, I was looking forward to a race report. Oh well, I'll be back!

Nice virtual chat.

theloosemoose said...

You're a freakin' super hero!! 6.66 miles, then TWELVE the very next day? Yeah, I ran exactly four miles last weekend - four.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

O, right, teh devil's number ... 6.66. I can't believe I spent 0.12 years of my life going to Catholic school 0.05 days a week 0.52 weeks a year and I never learned that! I must be a 0.001% grade 0.00A moron.

Either that or my Satan is 100X stronger than yours.

Nice fuzzy math, there 0.00Xenia. (<--Latin for "0.0010enia".) The same kind you used to disprove global warming? Must be nice majoring in a science at Teh University Of Scientific Obscurantism and Alchemy.

Full disclosure: I did not attend Catholic School.

MCM Mama said...

Way to run the devil's number and enjoy it!

carpeviam said...

You need cupcakes. Most definitely.

The Merry said...

If you stand on your head, the number of the beast is 999.

Other than that, I got no words of wisdom.

I think it is awesome if you can manage any running at all with your schedule!

chia said...

I've always thought you were one amazing chica... it's amazing that you even have the time to crank out such consistent levels of kick ass :-).

Miss you ;-)

The Laminator said...

Knock 'em dead, Xenia! Go crazy! 6.66 miles be damned!