Wednesday, 24 March 2010

Extra credit reading

I ran an easy three miler yesterday. I swam for 30 minutes this morning.

Yeah. Exciting.

So unless you want to hear about me almost gassing myself in the shower stall at the gym this morning (two meals with beans yesterday = copious amounts of toxic butt fumes today), let me recommend you read these fine running folks who’ve all made me laugh recently.

Officially kicking my ass in the travels stakes, Frayed Laces has been running all over Europe recently. Check out her posts here, here and here.

To make you feel even more jealous and to put your joy in the coming springtime to shame in perspective, check out these two lucky bastards.

Canadians are masters of understatement.

Read two accounts of the fun and foibles of the LA marathon.

Nitmos shocks us with the news that he’s aging. And I thought flying butt fruit was a side-effect of drinking from the Fountain of Youth. Wrong yet again.

Shut Up and Run battled bowel troubles on her 20 miler last weekend and still managed a kick ass time. I hate you. No I don’t. (Yeah, kinda.)

Viper channels Martha Stewart. Not sure if he also served jail time though. Hope you didn’t pick up the soap, yo!

XC2 is gonna be the proud momma of two rambunctious boys. Go congratulate her.

Happy hump day, everyone.

7 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

Better out than in I always say!! Thanks for sharing.


I miss you too, I'm stalking, but not always commenting. Keep up the great work.

Razz said...

Wow. I mean, wow. I don't shop for cars for MY amusement. I do it for y'all.

I see how it is.

X-Country2 said...

Aww, thanks for the shout out! :o)

Morgan said...

Ooo thanks for sharing!

Viper said...

Thanks for the shout out. Though, i was thinking more Bob Villa. In case you were wondering, pears have been giving me a similar issue. Two Taco Bell bean burritos last night, however, did not.

RunnuRMark said...

Well, actually I would like to hear about you fuming up the shower stall. I do have the mental age of a 12-year-old, after all.

Jess said...

Lots of stuff going on in the blogworld!