Friday, 16 April 2010

FML

Even though this is a cut-back week for me, I’m guessing it’s not a good thing that I’ve only run once so far and have not done any cross training minus my daily cycling for transport purposes.

That’s kind of pants.

The gigantic cloud of volcanic ash swirling over Europe (thanks a lot, Iceland) hasn’t helped either. The weather hasn’t been too great lately with little sunshine and the temps have dropped a bit. Well, at least I wasn’t planning on flying anywhere any time soon.

Then there’s the usual soul-crushing life stuff that has dragged me down. Lots of work, poor nutrition, not enough sleep. Sadly, I’ve managed to regain those five pounds I lost a couple of months ago. Apparently, there isn’t a baked good I don’t like. Damn.

But that’s not even the worst of it. This week I reached a new milestone—I found my first white hair. And as things seem to happen with me, it wasn’t in the usual location on top of my head. Nope, my white hair was in my eyebrow. Really. Of course, I plucked that bad boy out immediately and then proceeded to whine to my sister about it over Skype. Although Z was sympathetic, she did put things in perspective for me.

“At least you didn’t find one ‘down there’ like I did.”

Word, big sister. Word.

The only thing that has brightened my gloomy week is this photo my sister sent me of my sleeping furball.

Posted for Sun Runner and myself since it appears we’re the only two crazy cat ladies feline aficionados in RBF-land.
[Correction: That would be three. So sorry, Coach L! My brain is mush these days.]
[Second correction: Apparently there are more cat people in the RBF world than I realized. I won't be so precipitous in future. What am I saying, of course I will...)


Wait, I lie. There was another bright spot to my week.


There are no words to describe the gloriousness of that suit.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Later gators.

19 comments:

Morgan said...

Where do I find that suit? No really I want to purchase it for Spike. EPIC!!!

I hear ya on the baked goods... hello 6 pounds since marathon! Why I'd love another cookie!

Razz said...

Dude looks like a dog treat.

How did I KNOW you were going to go there with the white hair. I just had to wait for it.

Try to have a good weekend!

Lily on the Road said...

Excuse me??? The only feline aficionados??? GAH, I'm going to have to tell Lily!

Ya, white on the eyebrow is better than the netherregion, just saying.

Hang tough and don't breath in the volcanic ash...

Theresa said...

Awwww, kitty!! Don't you just want to poke them when they're sleeping so peacefully?

Jamie said...

Sleeping kitty's are the cutest!

I too can deny no baked good. Bad news. Hopefully things will turn around for you soon!

SteveQ said...

I'm wondering what the Special Occasion bacon tuxedo would look like, if that's the all-purpose one. Prosciutto, perhaps?

K said...

Oh,my. I have to get that suit for my hubby. really, since he is a pig.

Viper said...

Wah-wah-wah ... get over it.

The Merry said...

What a ham!

Jamoosh said...

Talk about eating your young...

Mike Antonucci said...

Time for another cat correction! Apparently you forgot about Zen.

http://www.runningisfunny.com/2009/12/01/zen-and-the-art-of-vacuuming/

Danielle said...

Oh I'd love to see the look on the bride's face when her groom or one of the best men show up in that!

(And AWWWWW kitty! He looks like my old kitty).

carpeviam said...

My bro and sis-in-law's trip to Italy was postponed 3 days due to said ash. Bummer.

Can you breath?

The Laminator said...

I heard some Europeans won't be making it to Boston to run the marathon thanks to the volcanic ash. Ouch!

X-Country2 said...

As the only person I know in Europe, I thought about you after the Iceland thing. Stupid Iceland.

Deb said...

White pubes are hawt. Your sister must be one sexy beast.

Deb said...

Don't be alarmed. "Deb" = LuMu, a known degenerate, and not some NEW scary sort of weirdo.

Well, okay...you might want to be just a leetle alarmed.

Sun Runner said...

I'm still plucking the gray hairs out of my scalp one by one. They aren't too numerous...yet.

And: Kitty. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

When I got back from Boston yesterday my two were extra clingy. They slept on top of me all night.

RunnuRMark said...

The only thing that would make that suit better is if it was real, pre-cooked bacon. I would just snack on that jacket all damn night. And leave grease stains on people I didn't like.