Thursday, 8 April 2010

The getaway

A short 3 miler yesterday morning helped expel the lingering soreness from my legs from Monday’s long run. This morning I should have hit the track, but I hit the snooze button instead. However, the weather today is gorgeous and there’s still time for me to do my repeats later this afternoon. Hooray for small miracles.

This is my last post for the week as tomorrow I’m heading to Bath. I’m running the Bath Beat 21 mile course on Saturday as my first of two 20-mile training runs. I’m hoping like hell there aren’t too many hills but considering I’ll be running through the English countryside, I think I’m shit out of luck on that one. Eh, I’ll live.

Though my stay in Bath will be brief, I have an appointment for tea with Mr. Darcy. A perfect post-long run treat, no?

Happy early weekend to you all. Catch you again next week.

Later gators.

13 comments:

Morgan said...

Ooo I'm excited to hear the deets from this excursion. Good luck girly!!!

Lily on the Road said...

So Jealous!! I love Bath, so much to see, so little time. Have a cucumber sandwich for me please, I love High Tea!!

Sorry that someone violated you set of wheels and

WTF am I reading about you being a convict? Girl, you have just gone up in my standings....welcome to the club! Me TOO! Disturbing the peace, ME TOO!

just lay low for now and hopefully all of this will end up as a warning and a lesson (learned the hard way).

xoxoxo

Lily on the Road said...

BTW, mine wasn't an April Fool, it was for really ~ real....

Bwhaaahaaaa

Viper said...

Good luck on the 20-miler. Don't choke on the Jane Austin extravaganza.

RunnuRMark said...

Enjoy the run...sounds like a good place to make 21 miles suck less.

BrianFlash said...

What have the Romans ever done for us (besides building Bath, clean water, education, the roads, security...)?

Jamoosh said...

Enjoy your 21 miles of hills!

marathonmummy said...

Popping over from copiaverborum to say hello. I've added you to my blogroll because you make me laugh.

Danielle said...

True story: I went on a date with a guy who had a store that sold Jane Austen action figures. He was a theater dude and I am a cold hearted science bitch, so it didn't work out, but that was totally a check mark on the "awesome" side of his list.

Jess said...

As a fellow Austen fan, I am totally jealous of your trip to Bath and the tea you get to enjoy afterward!

carpeviam said...

Good luck!

And, that's awesome. Taking tea with Mr. Darcy in a bath. ;)

Roisin said...

Good luck on the 20 miles, and give my best to Mr. Darcy, of course.

The Merry said...

How did the 'Bath Beat' go? That name sounds really funny to me, but then I grew up in San Francisco, where a name like that would be something to do with S&M rather than Mr. Darcy.

I really think they should move with the times and change the town's name to 'Shower.'