Friday, 28 May 2010

Is this seat taken?

The latest in Scottish summer fashions

The morning after the Edinburgh marathon, I climbed Arthur's Seat with Theresa. My legs and feet were mildly sore from the day before but I knew that a little exertion post-marathon would help work out the rest of the aches and pains. And I was right. The last vestiges of soreness left my person on Wednesday. Guess that means I should start running again, huh? Eh, we'll see.

Anyway, here are some photos I took along the walk up to the top and then from the summit itself.


The yellow vegetation is gorse. It smells like coconuts. For real. 'Do you like pina coladas...'


Edinburgh Castle to the left and the tall black spire is the Scott monument.


Tweet tweet



Have a great weekend, everyone.

Later gators.

11 comments:

Liz said...

Wow - I can't believe you did that on Monday - I could barely get off the sofa until Wednesday! I'm not going to run until next week, maybe later. There's the rest of your life for running - why not give your body a little break?!

Count of Monte Christo said...

Lovely pics. I love Edinburgh. Great work after your marathon the day before!

The Merry said...

Wait a minute... after spending hours chasing Gerard through the streets of Edinburgh, you hiked up a hill the next day so you could sit in some other guy's seat? Kinda fickle, aren't we?
Beautiful pictures indeed. Thank you for the vicarious fun :)

Lily on the Road said...

Thanks for "bringing me home" with the pictures...Auck Eye!

Brilliant!

SteveQ said...

Now I have to go somewhere and order a pina colada, so I can say, "Ach! It smells like gorse!"

Viper said...

Pretty scenery. Don't start running yet. Enjoy a break and Kit Kat bar. Have good weekend. Cheers!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

"Found" that picture? I took that picture!

Because, o yeah ... I hit that.

Twice.

Bouncy-bouncy.

Roisin said...

Good idea, getting out and stretching your legs for a bit. I probably would have just gone for a walk around the block, though ;)

Thanks for posting the pictures...it looks beautiful out there!

Danielle said...

Oh I am sure the soreness will return once you start running again. So there is your excuse not to :-)

joyRuN said...

Looks like a wonderful way to recover. Just needs more pics of alcoholic beverages ;p

X-Country2 said...

What a beautiful place! Strange clothes, but they'd probably say that about Nebraska too. :o)