Weekend to-do list:
(1) 20 mile run – CHECK
(2) Edit dissertation chapter – CHECK
(3) Run 7k race – FAIL
It has finally happened—my first DNS. I didn’t want to miss the race but it wasn’t in town and the time needed to travel there would have been completely wasted seeing as I get carsick when I try to read in a moving vehicle. I had to prioritize and the 20 miler and this god-forsaken chapter had to come first. I really hate losing out on money, but at least it only cost me a tenner.
The 20 miler went ok. And by ok I’m mean everything except my pace which was god awful. Eh, what do I expect after two weeks of patchy running.
The highlights of the run included:
- playing Frogger with the cows in Port Meadow. I won. Barely.
- nearly having my shins attacked by an irate goose. She was protecting her babies though so it’s ok.
- seeing the rowing teams practice on the river at butt-early in the morning.
- smiling at and passing the same fisherman on the canal four times. He probably thought I was a nutter.
- fuzzy baby ducklings everywhere!
- horses. Yes, just horses. I like them.
- a little dog deciding it would be more fun to run with me than walk with his owner. Sadly, the owner won.
Holla at my homies
A new reader has delurked and left me a comment. Scarlett from Port to Port is an American runner in Barcelona and she recently ran her first half-marathon, the start of which was located next to Roman ruins. How cool is that!
Also, Shut Up and Run ran her second marathon this past weekend and biotch BQ’d! Woohoo!
Now be nice little minions and go congratulate these fine ladies. They deserve it.
Have a great week, everyone.