Thursday, 20 May 2010

Three Things Thursday

1. As a gesture of solidarity for my friend Canadia who’s submitting her dissertation at the end of the month, I’ve been working like a bitch this week. During breaks we text or email each other—she her frustrations and mounting stress, me encouragement and lame jokes to keep her motivated. I’m hoping this will bank me some good karma when I’m in her situation in November/December. I’m working from a pretty significant deficit at the moment though, so we’ll see.

2. Speaking of karma, I’ve decided that Instant Karma will be the first song on my marathon playlist. Thanks, G.

3. Been thinking about how unattainable my pared down goal is for the Edinburgh marathon. Balls. Won’t know unless I try though.

My last post for the week will be tomorrow. Happy Thursday, everyone.

Later gators.

9 comments:

Jamoosh said...

Instant Karma = nice easy pace. Excellent first song.

Roisin said...

Just keep at it, and try not to freak yourself out about the race right now. You CAN get through it!!! And yeah, you won't know until you try. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you.

The Merry said...

I think you're going to be kicking ass and taking names, as the saying goes :)

X-Country2 said...

Excellent first song choice! Good luck staying above water.

Jess said...

I think you'll do awe...wait for it...some!

Danielle said...

Aw you are such a nice dissertation buddy!

MCM Mama said...

Good luck! I think you'll do great!!

Jamie said...

You'll rock it! Great first song.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Speaking of karma, I’ve decided that Instant Karma will be the first song on my marathon playlist. Thanks, G.

Woo-Hoo! Good on you, sister! I once ran a whole marathon listening to nothing but "Instant Karma" over and over again!

And by "marathon" I mean "5k"; and by "Instant Karma" I mean "I Can See for Miles". But I have a marathon (i.e., a 5k) tomorrow and maybe I'll listen to "Instant Karma" over and over when I run it.

Hey, it's no "Karma Chameleon" but .. what is? [<--See? 80s song. TOTALLY gay. I rest my case! (And by "case" I mean "n*ts@ck".)]