Wednesday, 12 May 2010

Wednesday is like whoa

That 20 miler left me with a bit of discomfort. First, I had two good sized blisters, one on each foot. Thankfully I had some Compeed blister patches so all is now well on that front.

However further discomfort was endured yesterday. I woke up to my body feeling like a troupe of tap-dancing midgets had stomped all over it. Whoever says running isn’t a full body exercise is a bleeding idiot. Thankfully today I feel much better.

If I can finish up work in a timely fashion, I have a planned three miler to tackle this evening. Hopefully the predicted rain will hold off. What am I saying? This is England. Of course it will rain.

O child
I was recently reminded of the nursery rhyme, Monday’s Child. If you don’t know it, here it is:

Monday’s child is fair of face,
Tuesday’s child is full of grace,
Wednesday’s child is full of woe,
Thursday’s child has far to go,
Friday’s child is loving and giving,
Saturday’s child works hard for a living,
But the child who is born on the Sabbath day,
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.

I realized I had no idea which day of the week I was born on, so I looked it up. Yup, I was born on a Thursday. Why does this not surprise me? I’ve taken up distance running and I’ve been in school FOR-EV-ER. [Editor’s note: Bonus points to the person who can name the movie I just referenced.] My only consolation is that I wasn’t born on a Wednesday. My apologies to those of you who were. That bites.

Before I leave you on this very cloudy Wednesday, here’s the song that got stuck in my head yesterday.



I do so love to share with you all.

Later gators.

15 comments:

Jamoosh said...

1) Not gonna click on it...
2) Glad you're feeling better!
3) That's the cool thing about Europe - it still hangs on to the old school ways. There's no tap dancing midgets in the USA.

Viper said...

The Sandlot.

I was born on a Thursday too. Weird.

SteveQ said...

Born on a Monday - thought it was "ferret face" not "fair of face."

The local public radio station said they were going to play annoying earworms until they made their budget, so I'm hearing "Standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona..."

Jamie said...

Didn't even have to click play and that song is already in my head on a loop.

I'm a Thursday child too :)

Theresa said...

I'm a Friday, but does that really count since my entrance into the world was induced?

The Enthusiast said...

I'm a Friday. I actually remember that rhyme from when I was a wee babe. :-D

I love compeed stuff! It works so well.

Denise said...

great job on the 20 miler...they can definitely take their toll, can't they?

rest up and i hope the 3 miler leaves you feeling refreshed!

Scarlett Elliewood said...

Compeed rules! Congrats on the 20!

Jess said...

I guess I was born on a Saturday -- I have ot work hard, dangit! Norah was born on a Monday -- fair of face!

Deb said...

So when I clicked on the video I got "This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." Which makes me think that Mr. Sony was definitely NOT born on a Friday...selfish bastard.

GREAT job on the 20 miler!!

new websites said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Xenia said...

Deb--Copyright disaster strikes again though it's usually me on the receiving end. I found a different video. Hopefully this one is viewable for North Americans.

BrianFlash said...

The work 'musak' (I know - crazy but we have piped in music at work) just played Mambo #5 when I was reading your blog.

carpeviam said...

I don't know which day I was born on. I'm hoping for a Sunday, but I'm not so sure about the gay thing. K might be a little surprised...would he be okay with bi?

Danielle said...

Born on a Sunday here. But I totally dig dudes.