Wednesday, 23 June 2010

Getting into the spirit

Just a quickie for today (that's what he said). I'll leave the tale of this morning's bovine blockade of one of Port Meadow's gates and my subsequent ultra awesome stealth tactics to extricate myself from the situation until next time. Instead, I leave you with my FB status for the day:

"My fellow Americans--think good goal-scoring thoughts for our boys in blue in South Africa today and make sure to mock the English whilst they continue their national legacy of choking under pressure.
GO Team USA!"

If only I had a vuvuzela. Ok, maybe not...

11 comments:

Jamoosh said...

What? Is this soccer thing still going on...

Jess said...

Man, it's gonna sting when England loses. It's gotta be hard to keep re-living the Revolution's pain and embarassment!

RunnuRMark said...

I thought all women had a vuvuzela. Ohhhhh, wait...nevermind. I thought that was something else.

Go USA!!

Roisin said...

England was up last time I checked, and our boys are still scoreless at the half.

I assure you, I am at work today...

Xenia said...

Roisin--I'm watching both games. The US is killing me! We have such a better team than England. It's not right if they advance and we don't. Come on, USA, we can rally!

SteveQ said...

I think they should round up anyone who blows a vuvuzela, ship them to a distant colony and only allow them back with a work visa.

What? Too early for apartheid jokes?

EZEthan said...

Hell yeah... what a game!!! It's amazing how I went from swearing off ever watching another game of soccer again to whooping around my living room like a mad ape... thank god for injury time!!!

Viper said...

Oh, hey, they actually won. Cheers!

Xenia said...

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO! My heart was in my throat the whole game. I now want to bear Donovan's children. Way to go, USA!!

carpeviam said...

Um...I thought the US team was out long ago. ;)

Merry said...

I thought that too. See, this blog is educational!