Monday, 7 June 2010

She giveth and she taketh away

Alas, there was no running this weekend. However, I did cycle to Blenheim and back on Saturday and spectated at the Blenheim triathlon. I racked up 20 miles on Aeolus that day and an additional six on Sunday. My ass and right hip now hate me.

Saturday night I attended a friend’s leaving do. The night slid right into hysterical insanity when the booze was flowing and someone broke out SingStar. I ended up singing karaoke with four gay men. Awesome doesn’t even cover it. For the record, I only won once but that’s because (a) I’m beyond tone deaf, and (b) I couldn’t stop laughing. Thankfully I’m not a sore loser. Well, not much anyway.

Speaking of losers, let’s see who didn’t win the phallic bottle openers.

Minus the multiple postings (way to be trigger happy with the submit button, Ian) and those who explicitly stated they did not wish to enter the contest, there ended up being 18 entrants.

I plugged the details into Random.org and it spit out two winning numbers.

#7 is Lily and #4 is Viper. Email me your addresses at ukxenia at gmail dot com and I’ll get those openers out to you later this week.

Well, maybe not.

Since I’m an evil wench, I need to make this difficult for Viper. If Jamoosh had not withdrawn his entry, he would have been entrant #4 and since Viper has won something from my blog before, I’m giving Jamoosh the chance to steal his prize. If Jamoosh declines, the prize goes back to the leader of the Booze Hounds. Jamoosh, please make him sweat this one out for a while.

However this does not affect Lily’s win at all, because then the recipient would end up being Ian and that wouldn’t be right since he’s a dirty banker who probably uses people’s retirement funds as toilet paper.

Ian, how much do you hate me right now? :)

My condolences to the rest of you for being losers, particularly EZEthan since I’m not sure how much longer his penis will last. Wait, what?

Have a great week, everyone.

Later gators.

13 comments:

ShutUpandRun said...

How did I miss the openers?? Congrats to the winners.

Ian said...

This is BS!! Bankers have feelings too you know. For instance right now I'm feeling like foreclosing on some poor family and kicking them out on the street. I find that hurting others is the best way to deal with pain.

But it's on YOUR head!

Viper said...

Fingers crossed!

Danielle said...

Sigh, always a loser...

Aka Alice said...

I cannot believe I missed an opportunity to win a phalic bottle opener...GAH!

Next time I'll pay closer attention!

EZEthan said...

man, oh man... if I had a Quid for every time that a reference to my penis randomly came up on the internet...

RunnuRMark said...

Dammit! It's always disappointing to miss out on a good phallic symbol prize. Guess I'll just have to go back to browsing accidentaldong.com for my amusement.

The Laminator said...

Omigosh, your giveaways are a riot! Haha!

Jamoosh said...

I m n a podu k vil age in Engl nd. Intern t SU KS. W at was th qu sti n?

Scarlett Elliewood said...

Hey lady, are you perhaps involved in discovering the graves of Roman Gladiators? I loved this piece on NPR:

A Graveyard For Roman Gladiators -- In England?http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=127542467

Lily on the Road said...

WOOT!!!!

I'm just so excited to win the coveted phallic symbol, errrr bottle opener!!!

thanks Z, I'll be awaiting at my country mailbox....

SteveQ said...

Has anyone checked to see if maybe random.org ALWAYS spits out 7 and 4?

X-Country2 said...

Damn! I wanted that bottle opener!