Friday, 4 June 2010

You want one?

This has nothing to do with anything. I just like it.

Wednesday was a success. I finally got back to running and I did 4 miles instead of my intended 3. With the exception of a slight ache in my upper left thigh, all was well. The weather was gorgeous and half of Nerdtown was out enjoying the beautiful evening in Port Meadow. I can only hope this is a sign of the summer to come as opposed to being another aberration.

Of course I proceeded to follow that up with jack-all yesterday and a gigantic gutterball this morning. Tonight I’m headed to a garden play so that’s another kibosh on running this evening. However, we’re supposed to be having some excellent weather here this weekend, so I’ll get out and about then.

Other than that, things are the same in my world: I continue to peel at an alarming rate (thank you, scorching Scottish sun), my dissertation is still driving me demented and I received a visit from the cops last night concerning my unstable crackhead neighbor. I feel bad for her, but I’m really looking forward to moving soon. Like, a lot.

Come and get it
My search for funny bottle openers in Scotland kinda failed. So, I’m left with phallic Big Ben. (heh)

Fortunately I purchased three of them – one for me and two for a couple of lucky Diggin’ It readers.

So, here’s what you have to do to enter to win:

Leave a comment on this post.

That’s it.

Would I like it if you became a follower too or talked about this on your blogs? Sure, but that’s not going to give you an additional entry into the contest. That would just make more work for me and I feel I’m already doing more than enough by offering to send kitschy English crap across the Atlantic.

So, one entry per person. If you leave more than one comment, you’re still only getting one entry so don’t bother. Entry closes as of 5 pm EST on Sunday, 6 June 2010. Winners will be chosen randomly via Random.org or drawing the names out of a hat. I’ll announce the results on Monday.

On a slightly related note, I saw this little gem on FB and though I'm not a drinker, I thought it might be helpful to you all when you've got a bottle of vino but no corkscrew to hand. All you need apparently is a shoe. The video is in French, but you don't have to understand what he's saying. Just watch.

Okay, greedy bastards, hop to and leave your comment. Have a great weekend.

Later gators.

22 comments:

Jumper 2.0 said...

I'd reply but I don't want you to have to send one to the US! Oh wait, by telling you this....

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Hahahahaha! I love how, three seconds into that video, the narrator gives that unmistakable Imperious Gallic Sniff; nobody can communicate more disdain with a mere sniff than the French!

(With the possible exception of Teh poor 'Bride after I've let one of my especially stinky beer farts rip.)

As for Phallic Big Ben ... he seems to be a bit pointy, and probably would cause some internal damage but still ... I'd let him f*ck me.

But open my beer bottles? No way! I'm not a total whoo-wer.

A guy's gotta earn the right to do that.

Plus ... Big Ben? Pfffttt! I'm waaaay bigger.

GeorgiaSnail said...

I saw one of those bottle openers in a small night club in rural Georgia a couple of months ago...

Jamoosh said...

Did you know that those darn French have a different word for everything?

I don't need a bottle opener - epsecially a phalic one, so please do not enter me in the contest. I just left a comment because you are worth it!

Viper said...

I need Big Ben's cock and balls to open my beers!

Have a great weekend. Get a run in. Cheers!

SteveQ said...

I, too, love the "Oh No!" poster (and the fact that you're not trying to promote anything with a contest).

Ian said...

I think that might be the first time that someone has used the phrase "scorching Scottish sun" without a hint of sarcasm.

Ian said...

OK, either my comment got eaten or you have comment moderation turned on and I'm posting multiple times. Hey, look how retarded I am!

Ian said...

Awesome. Now they've all showed up! Why am I still commenting?

Lily on the Road said...

Have a great weekend, look after your Scottish tan and did you mention the kittens to the police??

Let's hope the SPCA gets there before you move...just saying....that comment was from Lily

EZEthan said...

I definitely need one of those... opening beer with my real cock has left me quite sore!

The Merry said...

I'm glad you're back running.
It makes me feel guilty about my back-from-vacation slothitude, which might be exactly what I need to get me going.

X-Country2 said...

A "garden party"? That's sooooo British, I love it!

Keith said...

This is a comment. I wouldn't have become a follower or any of that other shit other bloggers put contest entrants through. Even though I don't drink much beer, I drink enough that I would like such a bottle opener.

I love oxymorons. Thanks for adding to the collection.

Jamie said...

Of course I want it ;) have a great weekend!

MCM Mama said...

I so WANT! ;o)

K said...

I got the popener from you a couple of years ago. Please let me complete my collection with this new opener. Thank you.

RunnuRMark said...

Holy crap, I totally want that. I had this little hope that I might be lucky enough to end up with a popener when I heard you were contributing to Razz's virtual race a couple months ago (which that SOB never did send me a prize for). My fingers are crossed once again!

Danielle said...

That isn't the Popener, but it is mighty awesome still. Can I get two entries for being overeducated, yet still incredibly dense?

Char said...

I had no idea that the Scottish sun could be scorching. I thought we Aussies had that to ourselves

Pam said...

LMAO @ Ethan's comment. Screw the contest. Give that poor man the bottle opener.

Mohammad Yousuf Mulaifi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.